Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2008, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There is a niche to the marketing strategy of new products. There are always reasons behind.

Therefore, a successful company will use this INSTEAD of flooding the market or advertising before its time.

This give the manufacturer time to get feedback from customers in all areas they want to service and make any corrections that is necessary to the design. Not saying this is their theory, but it helps. Each of us have a different environment and ground contours to work with.

TURFCO is not a fly by night operation.

If you've not been there and done that, you can't say anything negative about the manufacturer. You have no idea as to the delima that could ensue.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Larry,

Single me out if you like as the example, fine with me.

However, I dont believe I was bashing or badmouthing the Turfco machine.
I was indeed expressing my dissappointment with how it seems every chance certain users of the machine get to put in their 2 cents they do.

I dont jump in a pg thread and say you should demo the z-spray, or wait till you get a z spray it is great when the questions were directed about the pg. I try to help out with the experiences that I have that are relevant to the question that was asked. It seems to me that every time a question or comment is made about another machine it is an invitation for some to throw a unabashed plug for the turfco machine.

I was offered an opportunity to demo the machine, which I will, but that person is 5 hours from me and I do not have the time to take such a trip at this time of year. So, I would like to get some info on the machine, I would assume that if so many people have it then pix, video, and specs would have become readily available at this point in the season.

No, I have no idea if I was on a 50 degree incline but I suppose you have time to get your protractor out and check. I dont, I merely said that the pg would not hold the hill and the push spreader was barely usable, yet I put the z on it. I thought it was a plug for the z versus the pg not a shot at your machine, (perhaps a vailed shot) but heck I could tell you I drove it up the side of a building (90 degres without using a protractor) but you would not buy one based on my word..

But I guess there are divided sides at this point due to the marketing decisions and handling of this new machine. So I will not bother anymore, I am interested in the machine if it is the best of the z and the pg, which at this point I hope it is. I will also take the individual up on his offer to demo it, when I have time to spend two days to get there, or someone closer gets one. I had just expected for the milk to have been spilled by now and to have some information more readily available.

So I will take my rinky dink lawn care company, keep MY mouth shut and advertise the way normal companies do by PUTTING the information about my products and services into the hands of my potential customers instead of making them CHASE it.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

turf hokie -- I felt a little irritated, so I typed up my response. I told M to delete it while I went to the john, but he said hell no and he submitted it. M is the one that used the 3000 on the steep hill, so I guess he was defending the machine's performance.

Anyway, turf hokie, I'm sorry for the sarcastic remark toward you. It was out of line. Sorry, and I totally agree with you about being frustrated not being able to see pics of the T3000, and having to drive many miles to try one really sucks. If I had my way..........but I know they have their reasons.

Riggle - TURFCO never showed us a video while we were up there, but we sure put 'em to the test at a nearby golf course. Hope they put out a video like others do. Pictures of the unit should be out soon, unless things change.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

relax guys it does exist from the description I have heard it has a boat wheel on it. So at least when you are working you can pretend that you are on the water. I am waiting to go to a demo, but they did send specs to our equipment guy it is real
Old 06-04-2008, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkranium View Post
relax guys it does exist from the description I have heard it has a boat wheel on it. So at least when you are working you can pretend that you are on the water. I am waiting to go to a demo, but they did send specs to our equipment guy it is real
You are less than an hour away from me. PM me and we can arrange for you to demo my unit. Thanks...
Old 06-04-2008, 06:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

No problem Larry,
Might I suggest you have your guys get their own screen names so we can differentiate who we are talking to, and who is responding to us. It might save some grief in the long run.

Bryan
Old 06-04-2008, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i think i found a link to the T3000!!! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...0108_262017-20
Old 06-04-2008, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

good one. That's just how I pictured it would look.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry i couldn't resist... i did talk to turfo and they are going to release all info on the unit after july. we will see
Old 06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You know, for the record, I never said I didn't believe their machine existed. I am sure it does. And for that matter it may even be great. I know Turfco makes the finest aerators on the market. Where I take exception is when people pretend that there is some hole in the market and they actually say things about machines, like the Z-spray, that are untrue. It takes hills beautifully. It is as solid as a rock. You get parts next day, often for free. Then these same people continue to go on and on about this machine, making wild claims of head to head superiority over other machines, but they can't even take a damned picture of the machine in question. Yay for the T3000!

whatever