Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2008, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Who is Larry anyway. Do you guys ever work.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

And I understand that you signed contracts, blah, blah, blah. Quit cutting down other machines to promote something you can't even contractually take a picture of.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyc View Post
Who is Larry anyway. Do you guys ever work.
Not when there's beer in the fridge.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anyways

i ran into a local guy this week with his z- intermed. couple years old,
his machine looked nearly identical to the z jr, anyway,

he had the rear tires switched to a wide flat Shoulder tire, said he
had much better traction,
no one on here has done this?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the problem I have with the Stealth Machine is that I might be interested in buying one if I knew what it cost's, what it looked like and wouldn't have to drive 150 miles to see or demo one. I don't have the time or money to drive to Iowa to see what Area 51 looks like!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsturf View Post
I think the problem I have with the Stealth Machine is that I might be interested in buying one if I knew what it cost's, what it looked like and wouldn't have to drive 150 miles to see or demo one. I don't have the time or money to drive to Iowa to see what Area 51 looks like!!!
if you call turfco they will tell you the price and all the spec's you ask about... i did, and i was very nice and asked to get info on the area 51 spreader/sprayer the might have under wraps. she stareted laughing and gave me larry's cell and home phone and i talked to him about an hour.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mason & I are laughing our asses off. Too funny! Thinking now of peeling off the "TURFCO T3000" decals from our machine and special ordering "AREA 51" decals to replace them. (That was cool!) Mason says we'll now call it the "stealth bomber of lawns" (in and out so quick, you don't even know we were there). BTW Mason has his own I.D. on this site, but he won't tell me what it is???? He says that way he can talk his own sh$t about me. Anyways.....he's here now drinking up all my beers!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What good does it do me to call and "talk" about the "Stealth bomber" ? I still can't see it!! I've already heard the spec's enough!! Talk is cheap. Like I've said before I'm from the show-me state.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

we understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsturf View Post
What good does it do me to call and "talk" about the "Stealth bomber" ? I still can't see it!! I've already heard the spec's enough!! Talk is cheap. Like I've said before I'm from the show-me state.
Pics are scheduled soon (according to our early April event in Minneapolis). Keep in mind that this unit looks totally different from what you might expect. I realize my talk is cheap, and M's unwillingness to post from his own account is pretty cheezy. He's the one who runs our T3000. I now call him a chickensh$t, and I'm his boss. I take nothing away from Z-Spray machines (especially the Z-Max) cuz I ran them, and I know how good & reliable they are. Can't give details about the T3000 until TURFCO gives us the go ahead, but here's a hint: Both our PG's have been parked in our warehouse all spring. If I bought a Z-Spray, the only one I would buy is the Max.

I know TURFCO has been distributing more & more of the T3000's throughout the Country this spring. So again I suggest you call TURFCO if you are seriously interested in seeing & trying out this new production model -- hopefully there is one fairly close to you. Ours is always available, but it's in Des Moines, IA.

My opinion is that you will be 100% satisfied. We have nearly 70 hours on our T3000, and it still runs like new. Sorry guys, I too like to see pics before I buy, but that's not up to me. Wish I could do better.

Oh yes, the cost is $8495. I have posted more details than anybody else regarding the new TUFCO unit, so I hope you realize I am trying my best (without getting into trouble with the manufacturer). 2 more notes: It has enough power to climb hills and go down hills at the same consistant speed. It goes all day without having to refill gasoline -- about one gallon of gas per day.

Botom line, I'm taking a chance here posting "tidbits" and still trying NOT to violate our agreement with TURFCO. Buy one -- you will be happy. If not --- we'll buy it back, cuz we want another one.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbturf View Post
anyways

i ran into a local guy this week with his z- intermed. couple years old,
his machine looked nearly identical to the z jr, anyway,

he had the rear tires switched to a wide flat Shoulder tire, said he
had much better traction,
no one on here has done this?
Do you have a JR or a JR36? If its a JR36, putting wider tires would defeat the purpose of having a z spray that fits in a 3' gate.

Did you buy your unit from LT Rich, or was it used? LT Rich should have went over your questions.