Register free!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Thanks very much TurfRyder -- I agree, 6 mph is really pushing the limit -- especially when you're spraying. We find that 5 mph is fast enough.
I usually run @ 5 MPH but with these larger sites with no fert we upped it to 6 MPH and put a stronger mix in the tank. 90% of the time I am spraying and laying down fert at the same time. The spread pattern with the fert can only be as wide as the spray pattern so 8 FT wide is pretty much all I am going to get most of the time even though you can dial the spreader to go much wider than that.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeca View Post
I bought another 12gal tank for my magnum and put it in the spreader, t'd off from the supply to the main tank. i works great, just need to let the main tank get down to about 6gal, then switch to the aux tank, it returns into the main tank and refills it at the same time. cost $110 for the tank from PG, fits perfect and was well worth it (for round 2 anyway).
That is awsome! Never thought of that!

Can you please give me some additional info and maybe some pics?

How again are you tieing in as an aux tank and switching back?

Thanks for this info.

I have a lot large properties that just want sprayed and this would allow me to do 2x as much without stopping!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
While I still am not ruling out purchasing a Z-Max, I'll probably opt for another T3000. The spread/spray width is as wide or wider (can't divulge that info quite yet). Also, we prefer to haul on a carrier rack versus pulling a trailer (another plus for the T3000).

Thanks very much TurfRyder -- I agree, 6 mph is really pushing the limit -- especially when you're spraying. We find that 5 mph is fast enough.

From what I have heard, the T3000 has a spray width of 9'. The Z-max is 10'. also I believe the T3000 is using one or two nozzles to do so. Z-max has 5 nozzles, so that should mean less drift.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
That is awsome! Never thought of that!

Can you please give me some additional info and maybe some pics?

How again are you tieing in as an aux tank and switching back?

Thanks for this info.

I have a lot large properties that just want sprayed and this would allow me to do 2x as much without stopping!
1 - 12gal tank from PG
6' 3/8 spray hose from PG
2 - 3/8 elbow (for the bottom of the tank and the top)
1 - tank shut off valve (my magnum was newer and it was already on there, but my other magnum is a year older so i needed one for it)
1 - 3/8 't'

1) take one 3/8 elbow and install in the bottom of the tank and the other in the top (return) and i put a bolt in it to cap it off

2) cut the suction hose from the main tank to the pump (i did it right by the engine to make it easy to remove/install)

3) take the 3/8 't' and reconect the the cut hose (one on each end of the 't')

4) cut a 4" pice of the 3/8 hose (that you got from PG) and place it on the 't' and place the shut off on THIS line (that goes to the aux tank)

5) set the hopper rate adjuster all the way opend (so you can feed the 3/8 hose thru it

5) remove the spinnner plate (or it will take the hose to a new demennsion)

6) run the hose from the shut off up thru the hopper hole to the tank

7) next what i did to eliminate the chance of damage to the 3/8 elbow on the tank (it's very tight on the bottom, you'll see) is built a little stand or mount out of some scrap 2x3's that i had laying aroud and screewd them into the bottom of the tank thus raising the tank enough that the fitting will in no way get damaged in the event the tnk should shif from side to side.

8) fasten the tank in the hopper with a ratchet strap.

a few things to remember:

1) you need to let the main tank run down to about 6gal. to prevent it from over flowing (because the aux tank returns to the main tank when being used.

2) watch the level of the tanks when you are using them so you don't suck air (i run the aux down to about 1 gal and then switch it off)

3) dont fill the main tank if you are going to be on hills or have a property that has curbs you need to jump up on, it sucks

4) the aux tank sets higher the the main tank so it will level out to the main tank if you dont shut off the valve. if there both full and you leave the valve on fot the aux, it will over flow the main tank (opps)

i will try to get pic's, but i cant find my camera. it took about an hour to do the set up and has saved me a boatload of time!

the reason i didnt used a return to the aux tank is that i didn't want any more pluming then need, take a chance on the delivery rate changing, the price of the extra parts (not knowing if this was going to even work), and my new magnum has a 3/8 return and my older magum has a 1/4 return. so i just kept it simple (KISS)

Last edited by teeca; 06-20-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

both high quality machines

Thanks Grass Guru, the Z-Max is a very fine machine. It's getting very close to the date when TURFCO T3000 info will become public. In full spray mode, our T3000 sprays wider than ten feet, and you all know how wide a Spyker spreader throws out fert. But with every ride-on, it depends on how much overlap you want, as well as how much product one applies per 1000 sq ft. Both machines are well built with little breakdown. I tried both, and I know my preferrence. Time will tell. Thanks!

QUOTE=Grass Guru 621;2382903]From what I have heard, the T3000 has a spray width of 9'. The Z-max is 10'. also I believe the T3000 is using one or two nozzles to do so. Z-max has 5 nozzles, so that should mean less drift.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

here are a few pics of my setup
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2008, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

some more pic's
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2008, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

and the inside
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2008, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How many gallons can you hold in the PG?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATouchofGrass View Post
How many gallons can you hold in the PG?
it carries 24gal total. help out alot considering i spray +/- 400k per day or about a case (5gal) of 3-way a day