Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-31-2008, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Blowe stolen today as my employees watched!

I had my guys working on a commercial property today. At 10AM I get a phone call saying the redmax BP blower they had with them just got stollen. Supposidly a guy pulled in the parking lot.....then went up to my employee and asked him for a business card. My employee said sorry I dont have any more on me but the number is on the truck. They proceeded to go back to work... the next thing they saw was this guy grabbing the blower and throwing it into his car and speeding off. Unfortunately they only got part of the license plate number. There went today profit. The POS is lucky I wasnt there.... I probly would have chased him with the truck and wound up killing that low life.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow what a piece of chit sorry about the loss hopefully he gets whats coming to him.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

teach ya employees how to chase people!!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 05-31-2008, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats' why the 357 mag sits under the seat. Seriously, I keep all things locked up untill use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Full time college student> Landscape Design and Construction @ Kent State Salem

Help save planet Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Weapons

Hello All

I carry a weapon and support anyone who does so legaly. However it needs to be on your person. Under seat, in a glove box or locked in a equipment locker does no one any good and might just put it in the wrong hands

Thanks
Old 06-01-2008, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

a partial tag and description of the car will get you further than you think...file a police report
Old 06-02-2008, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have been stolen from before both on the job site and right in front of my home too!
My beautiful, peace loving, jump in your lap pointing lab has become my best deterrent so far.
Just last week she was in the back seat of one of my crew cabs (I had several at a job site) when all of a sudden I hear a maddened barking, a dude wailing and me and my foreman go hauling butt to the truck (about sixty yards away around a building corner).
The dog has a dude "treed" on top of a car, a Stihl hand trimmer, a FX 100 RS and a Stihl 600 series blower are on the ground by the car.
The dude has the cops on his phone saying he was "attacked" by my dog, cops show up, all of whom I know, question the guy who denies everything then turn to me.
I tell the cops all hand equipment is stored on the trailers, nothing is left on the ground and since I was at the trailer literally two minutes before this happened I knew everything was in their respective racks.
Cops say no problem and are getting into their cars when the little old lady who owns the car the dude got "treed" on wants to know who is going to pay for the roof damage.
Yep, sure enough the roof is dented in so the cops questions the guy a bit more, he has a minor warrant so off to jail he goes.
I run into the Chief of Police at my primary equipment dealer's building, and he says good job to me, pats my dog on her head and we shake hands.
Only in Texas
Old 06-02-2008, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The butler did it.

Sounds like one daring guy, how many workers saw him? I hope it wasn't an inside job or a dishonest employee(s)? Keep an eye on Pawn shops and Craigslist.

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry to here that
Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That stinks. I had a brand new extended-reach grabber stolen off my trailer last week. Not much but it still pissed me off.