Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Hypro d403

does anyone know how to regulate the pressure other than closing the return valve halfway?This is on a lesco space saver unit.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That is the only way I know of.
I have a problem with water getting in the oil. I replaced the diaphragms and o rings and it is getting past somewhere. I tore it down three times last week.
Are the diaphragms directional? It says "oil" on one side, I put that side down. The manual doesn't give any detail.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

hyprod403

i don't have a leak...knock on plastic. I have to keep closing the return valve halfway around 200 psi to build pressure,I know this ain't how it works because it has a regulated,but it just doesent want to work.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have always had issues with my secondary bypass valve. I just use the return valve to regulate pressure and keep the red bypass valve closed. If I open it at all, I seem to get erratic pressure.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 06-01-2008, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelawns View Post
does anyone know how to regulate the pressure other than closing the return valve halfway?This is on a lesco space saver unit.
Nicelawns

Try installing this pressure relief valve just after the Ball valve. It can be adjusted to keep a constant pressure from the time you trigger you spray gun until.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...g=true&cFlag=1

BTW be careful with the pipe threads on Hypro pumps, They are British standard threads instead of American. A Nylon Threaded coupler can be used and not leak or tear up the Steel British threads.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hypro

I have a D232. There should be two knobs. One knob (red on my pump) releases all pressure back to the tank--or if closed clockwise--allows pressure to build up to the level set by the separate pressure regulator knob, which adjusts a steel spring which pushes against a valve seat. Hypro does not make a good pressure regulator valve. Mostly plastic--wear prone--does not tolerate grit or wettable powders.

Ric is so right. Best to install a real pressure regulator valve,(sometimes called an unloader valve or pressure control unit), (about 7 dollars)--plus a ball valve to release the pressure back to the tank when no pressure is needed. However, I always use a Spraying Systems bronze pressure regulating valve with stainless steel valve seats; far superior and longer lasting. Sixty five dollars.

And yes there is an inside and outside for the diaphragms. Try to put the retaining bolt in from both sides. One side will fit easily. On my pump--the writing and part number goes to the inside (oil side).