Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-01-2009, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ahh that'll buff right out! That really sucks, no way you can beat that out, and you cant replace a piece of the bed, so looks like your getting a whole new bed.. Atleast no one was hurt..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats too bad micah, look like how mine used to look before i got it painted and had the bed replaced, lucky for you long beds are 10 times easier to find then short beds
Old 01-01-2009, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

WOW that sux man.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ahh that about 7k worth of damage quick bend the frame rail and put the engine on the ground and split the rear axle hello new truck but if you still owe money on it and insurance dont cover it all and you dont have gap on it still have to keep paying for it any ways how did the front get managled wheres the plow
Old 01-01-2009, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbouch View Post
ahh that about 7k worth of damage quick bend the frame rail and put the engine on the ground and split the rear axle hello new truck but if you still owe money on it and insurance dont cover it all and you dont have gap on it still have to keep paying for it any ways how did the front get managled wheres the plow
I think thats the truck that hit him. I was wondering the same thing but you can see the plow on his truck. The trucks do look identical.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The 06 is tougher than the 99, didnt suffer as much damage and your truck crumbled...
Old 01-01-2009, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

That sucks...It's always the other people on the road that cause the problems. If people would only learn to get off the road when it snows then we wouldnt have situations like this. Sucks about the truck but now you have a reason for a new one...
52" Ferris mower
2 Billy Goat push blowers
16 HP Lesco leaf loader
Husky 455 rancher chainsaw
Echo backpacks
Redmax hedge trimmers
Soon to come...48" Walker mower

My link: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=251335
Old 01-01-2009, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayslawncare View Post
That sucks...It's always the other people on the road that cause the problems. If people would only learn to get off the road when it snows then we wouldnt have situations like this. Sucks about the truck but now you have a reason for a new one...
yeah mass is full of idiots who shouldnt drive in bad weather im a hockey coach at my local high school and i watched the kids leave the rink after practice when the storm had just started and half the kids were doing donuts and the mothers were in there mini vans sliding out of the parking lot with two hands on the wheel and there eyes glued to the windshield i was waiting for a phone call that someone got in an accident which is sad to think but stuff happens especailly in bad weather
Old 01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man that really sucks! I really like that truck. Hopefully you can get it fixed

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 01-01-2009, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomberLawn View Post
Hate to see that. Any idea how much damage was done? Who is at fault in a wreck like that?
Bed, bumper mostly. i think everything else is fine. I'd say the guy that hit me is at fault because i wasn't violating any laws, just in slow traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler7692 View Post
Damn. I liked that truck too.
I still like it haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquechev View Post
that blows ! i had the same thing happen to my dump truck .... just makes for a great day ... your out of the shops near the nursery in dracut right ?
Yeah, weren't you behind me today in the white Chevy p/u on 38 headn towards Lowell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
Ahh that'll buff right out! That really sucks, no way you can beat that out, and you cant replace a piece of the bed, so looks like your getting a whole new bed.. Atleast no one was hurt..
Hmm didn't even think of that. true i need a whole new bed. Yeah i had my younger bro with me and the guy that hit me had his little daughter with me. Everyone was fine.

I was on the phone with my dad who was out plown too and the car infront of me slowed down suddenly to make a left turn then i got hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhillslandscaping View Post
thats too bad micah, look like how mine used to look before i got it painted and had the bed replaced, lucky for you long beds are 10 times easier to find then short beds
Thats good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnj18 View Post
WOW that sux man.
I'm glad the truck was still drivable and no tires blown so i could keep making money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbouch View Post
Only my rear end got damaged. I didn't hit anyone infront of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2farm View Post
I think thats the truck that hit him. I was wondering the same thing but you can see the plow on his truck. The trucks do look identical.
Only thing different between the trucks is one is a diesel and newer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticLandscape View Post
The 06 is tougher than the 99, didnt suffer as much damage and your truck crumbled...
Its better to crumple when impacted. Mines tougher because i was able to slow down and stop fast. The truck that rear ended me just slid all the way down the street. no extra weight on front or in the bed. the heavy diesel engine is on the front and nothing in the back.

He took responsibility for the accident because he couldn't stop so he swerved to the right. When i got out of the truck and saw his i knew exactly who it was because i see it every day when driving by the guys office on Lakeview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayslawncare View Post
He was on his way home to Chelmford from work. I saw the truck parked just a few hours earlier in the parking lot.

Newyear's eve is a tough day for a snow storm. When it was most intense was when the most people were on the rd.
F450 XLT Dump
Fisher Xtreme Vees
22' Enclosed Trailer
16' Open Trailer
14' Dump Trailer
10' Open Trailer
Redmax 2stroke Equipment
Walker, Wright Stander, Lesco
Little Wonder, Stihl, ect. ect.....