Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn crafters View Post
post some pics of a lawn cut by the scag
Hopefully it doesn't cut as bad as it looks
Old 08-30-2008, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Member

I'll answer the questions about "the amigo." The kid is nuts on a trimmer, its almost like he was born with it stuck in his hands. Micah and him helped me out today because I was behind on my mowing for the week and we managed to cut 17 lawns, 5 of which were a fairly good size that needed a decent amount of trimming in about 6 hours. The stander cuts amazing and it definitley gets attention at most of the lawns.

Advanced Lawn Care

Serving Southern New Hampshire and Northern Mass.
"We are your full service landscape company"
Old 08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGlandscaping View Post
Dang Remax your lawns look great. Ive got a stander with 400 hours on it and it doesnt make stripes like that... I must be doing something wrong...
Well i dont have any secrets and most lawns are single cut. a few i double cut sometimes when needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston9915 View Post
Where did you get the amigo? Legal? lol Do you have to pick him up and stuff?

Lawns look sharp as usual. For SD on the stander it breaks up the grass good. Those lawns look pretty thick too for that clean of a cut. Good work
He comes from lawrence and has a drivers license but cant afford his car insurance yet. so he takes the bus. Hes been here for 8 years and didnt jump the border.

The fast blade tip speed and big engine help provide a clean cut for the stander.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr51488 View Post
You guys are getting rain up there? In northern NJ its dry as a bone. No rain in the forcast for a while!
Yeah weve had alot of rain. The last week has been sunny and fairly dry. little rain today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn crafters View Post
post some pics of a lawn cut by the scag
Ok i'll get on that. I dont have any full propertys cut by the scag. usually just part of a lawn.
Quote:
Hopefully it doesn't cut as bad as it looks
Not to shabby. leaves stripes at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions Landscaping View Post
I'll answer the questions about "the amigo." The kid is nuts on a trimmer, its almost like he was born with it stuck in his hands. Micah and him helped me out today because I was behind on my mowing for the week and we managed to cut 17 lawns, 5 of which were a fairly good size that needed a decent amount of trimming in about 6 hours. The stander cuts amazing and it definitley gets attention at most of the lawns.
haha. no wonder you aint answering the phone. posted after 1AM.
F450 XLT Dump
Fisher Xtreme Vees
22' Enclosed Trailer
16' Open Trailer
14' Dump Trailer
10' Open Trailer
Redmax 2stroke Equipment
Walker, Wright Stander, Lesco
Little Wonder, Stihl, ect. ect.....
Old 08-30-2008, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Your pics have sold me on the Wright Stander. Next time I need a mower.... yep gonna seriously look at one. Nice Stripes!

A bunch of websites that all forward to www.FargoSnow.com

where are the real business growth experts? I know you are here reading and keeping tabs on the industry. PM me...
Old 08-30-2008, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haha he looks pretty friendly..... Mystic's guy is pretty scary looking but he seems to be a nice guy too.

How did you find him? What do you pay him? (You can PM me that if you don't want it on the forum)
Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAGE View Post
Your pics have sold me on the Wright Stander. Next time I need a mower.... yep gonna seriously look at one. Nice Stripes!
I think you would like it at least as much as the pics can prove.
Quote:
Haha he looks pretty friendly..... Mystic's guy is pretty scary looking but he seems to be a nice guy too.

How did you find him? What do you pay him? (You can PM me that if you don't want it on the forum)
Nah this guy is very friendly. I've never seen him upset or anything of that nature yet. Always smiling laughing and joking around but not sacrificing work for it. he gets along with anyone and speaks very good english.

Another landscaper that my dad and I know uses guatomalens (all legit) and my dad was doing new brick and granite steps at a house and had this guys brother from the other landscape co. come work for him on the job cuz my dad was busy managing another job at the same time too. I stopped by and asked the guy workn if he had any friends or anyone lookn for work. He said his younger brother was and had been out of work for around a month from a former landscaper. So he contacted me and thats how we hooked up.

As of now he gets $13 an hr. He has worked for other landscape companies over the years in Haverhill, Georgetown, and Boxboro.

Definitly not a rookie.
F450 XLT Dump
Fisher Xtreme Vees
22' Enclosed Trailer
16' Open Trailer
14' Dump Trailer
10' Open Trailer
Redmax 2stroke Equipment
Old 08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions Landscaping View Post
Rain get you behind? How many lawns do you service? Nice you got someone to help ya when you get behind
Old 08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMax Man View Post
I think you would like it at least as much as the pics can prove.

Nah this guy is very friendly. I've never seen him upset or anything of that nature yet. Always smiling laughing and joking around but not sacrificing work for it. he gets along with anyone and speaks very good english.

Another landscaper that my dad and I know uses guatomalens (all legit) and my dad was doing new brick and granite steps at a house and had this guys brother from the other landscape co. come work for him on the job cuz my dad was busy managing another job at the same time too. I stopped by and asked the guy workn if he had any friends or anyone lookn for work. He said his younger brother was and had been out of work for around a month from a former landscaper. So he contacted me and thats how we hooked up.

As of now he gets $13 an hr. He has worked for other landscape companies over the years in Haverhill, Georgetown, and Boxboro.

Definitly not a rookie.
How many hours are you working him every week?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
How many hours are you working him every week?
He's been with me almost 5 weeks. He gets round 30 hours on average. we start at 8 and end round 5. the most hes gotten so far is 39 hours in a week. when he started he got round 20.
F450 XLT Dump
Fisher Xtreme Vees
22' Enclosed Trailer
16' Open Trailer
14' Dump Trailer
10' Open Trailer
Redmax 2stroke Equipment
Old 08-30-2008, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncare18 View Post
Rain get you behind? How many lawns do you service? Nice you got someone to help ya when you get behind
The rain not so much, but my trailer needed a new deck in the middle of the week....actually it was me trying to put it off until the end of the season..long story short my cougar went thru the deck on the back of the trailer. So Micah offered to help me out on Friday. I normally mow between 45-50 properties a week. Micah and his Guat are unbelievable workers, and the Guatamalen is exteremley friendly...especially towards women haha.

Advanced Lawn Care

Serving Southern New Hampshire and Northern Mass.
"We are your full service landscape company"