Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticLandscape View Post
Mica the Hydro seeding came in alot better the 2nd time around at that house. Does someone fertilize it?
They have a service contract with Trugreen Chemlawn.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2009, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMax Man View Post
They have a service contract with Trugreen Chemlawn.
Posted via Mobile Device

you told me lawn master way back when bc i asked you about it
Old 09-07-2009, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbouch View Post
even i know the answear to this one he got them signed up to lawn master but you should see his yard its all crab grass the hydro mixture was crap the house we did with pete in rolling hills had more grass then his and that was seed
No actually they don't use lawn master. They use trugreen chemlawn. And have been for years. We kept tryn to do my lawn when we got all that rain so it was damaged. And I didn't have time to prep it before then hydroseeder came. I pulled up to the house to fix and rake the lawn for 3rd time and the hydroseeder was leavn so it didn't work out well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2009, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
you told me lawn master way back when bc i asked you about it
That's a different lawn I installed a couple weeks before this one which I used sod for and signed them up with lawn master.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
No actually they don't use lawn master. They use trugreen chemlawn. And have been for years. We kept tryn to do my lawn when we got all that rain so it was damaged. And I didn't have time to prep it before then hydroseeder came. I pulled up to the house to fix and rake the lawn for 3rd time and the hydroseeder was leavn so it didn't work out well.
Posted via Mobile Device
still the seed should of took its the mixture that was junk and they must of got the water from a weedy pond
Old 09-07-2009, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
still the seed should of took its the mixture that was junk and they must of got the water from a weedy pond
This is what happen...

Did use all new fresh clean loam for top 3 inches. Seeded in middle of summer. Fresh raked dirt exposed to long to rain and sun. Compaction from rain. And washout from rain. The hydroseed took well under the trees where there wasn't any washout. All the seed and fert I put down got washed away and that was a lot. All the grading got destroyed before seeding was done. Over $12k has been dumped in this property and easily $2K has been ruin or used for fixing issues across the board,
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2009, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

TYPO:
Didnt use all new clean loam for top 3 inches.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
This is what happen...

Did use all new fresh clean loam for top 3 inches. Seeded in middle of summer. Fresh raked dirt exposed to long to rain and sun. Compaction from rain. And washout from rain. The hydroseed took well under the trees where there wasn't any washout. All the seed and fert I put down got washed away and that was a lot. All the grading got destroyed before seeding was done. Over $12k has been dumped in this property and easily $2K has been ruin or used for fixing issues across the board,
Posted via Mobile Device
well in my presonal and professnail opion

if the trees were gona be cut down the wold of been first thing then wouldnt have the grade issues the irragtion should of not been done by now bc beds arent done and trees arent moved dont take this the wrong way but me and charlie both see that as a big mistake and wasnt planned out very well when i plan jobs i look at everything if those trees were gone first then gradeing and racking and the bobcat wouldnt have been so hard but to take trees down after the fact big mistake the beds arent done and how many times you gona move the heads around just the **** rolls down hill and now you got a big ball of it to fix but dont take it the wrong way
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

and you say you didnt have time to do a 3rd rake then why did you call in the hydro seeder even though that is your house you are still the landscaper you should be in charge and telling your father what to do not a gc telling a landscaper how to do it micah these are all what i see and pick up and want you learn from it when im helping charlie at dunking doughnuts he tells me what to do but when he comes to landscaping i tell him what to do and thats how ive gotten extra work just you need to step up to the plate but the big boy pants on and say dad were doing this my way
Old 09-08-2009, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
and you say you didnt have time to do a 3rd rake then why did you call in the hydro seeder even though that is your house you are still the landscaper you should be in charge and telling your father what to do not a gc telling a landscaper how to do it micah these are all what i see and pick up and want you learn from it when im helping charlie at dunking doughnuts he tells me what to do but when he comes to landscaping i tell him what to do and thats how ive gotten extra work just you need to step up to the plate but the big boy pants on and say dad were doing this my way
Please...for the love of God, please, PLEASE start using spell check and some periods so your responses aren't one big run-on sentence, I can't read half of the things that you say. I'm sure there are a few other people here that agree with me.

Advanced Lawn Care

Serving Southern New Hampshire and Northern Mass.
"We are your full service landscape company"