Register free!

Old 01-01-2002, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

help

Hey guys I have jap beatles about 3 acres of them. I had planed on useing 7 dust. does any one know where i can get a large bag say in 50 or 100 pounds or a easyer way that is not to costly.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Kiefer
This time of year with the cold front coming through your area I would think Jap beetles could not survive. Mother nature may have taken care of your problem. We do not have Jap beetles in my area so I do not keep up on them. May be I am missing something here and you have jap beetle grubs?? Because of the cold weather the ground surface temp will drop and Grubs will go deep for the winter and be much harder if not impossible to control. This year mask chafer beetle grubs were active well into Dec and that is not a normal event. But this has not been a normal year weather wise. Each year a different disease or pest becomes more active in an area because of the ever changing environment.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My bad yes I do have jap grubs and was not going to treat until next year. The grubs are bad enough but when the moles come to eat the grubs it makes a mess. as for the cold the grubs around here stay below the freeze line.

Thanks.