Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No problems guys, we definitely have our own back.

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE, sorry I couldn't resist.

I really like that on HBO when the announcers says that

How about this to start, upper New York State College. Our product almost exclusively except for some composted chicken manure
Attached Images

Last edited by ICT Bill; 07-03-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Same site, ball fields. There are 15 acres of sports turf that have been taken care on this campus, they have decided to do the entire 150 acre campus this way.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2008, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bill

Nice Pictures, BUT I can take pictures of nice turf also. What I need to convince me is a Link to a University Website that has tested your product. BTW I do believe Humates are good. But I believe your claims are a stretch

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Please let's be specific which claims?

I am not one of the humate guys, compost is my ballywick

Sustainable and local is the best

But do a search on "Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria" it's a hoot
Old 07-03-2008, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bill

I have no problems with Compost other than it's lack of nutreints. I detailed what I know is good about Organic material as soil amendment. It does lack in Potassium and Calcium in particular. Most composts are weak in Nitrogen and will use up Nitrogen that is added. Therefore Compost does not always save on Nitrogen cost.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 07-03-2008, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Of couse that lawn has a good base, also is irrigated and has to have chemical weed control.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Of couse that lawn has a good base, also is irrigated and has to have chemical weed control.
humble1, so your point is?? I have no issues with any of those as a practice. It produces what is expected, a nice stand of turf with little to no weeds.

Ric, A nice aerobic compost (if you can find it) will not rob nutrients. It is not meant as plant food but as microbe food, they like carbon in any form available, compost has a lot of carbon plus a bunch of local microbes to increase diversity.

What you are trying to do is get nutrient cycling going. It will reduce your fertilizer inputs and increase soil fertility over all, too bad it is such a pain to apply
Old 07-04-2008, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
A nice aerobic compost (if you can find it)
Yes if you can find it and have a 10 ton dump truck and Front end loader.

Actually I had a compost pile of tub grinding from the recycle yard that I used as potting soil when I still had a nursery. I turned the pile with my Skid Steer, but not as often as I should of.

Bill

Go back and read my first post to this thread about Organic Material benefits and my post about adding Microbes. The only way to increase Microbe population is by increasing desirable environment for the Microbes. I am in 100% agreement about the benefits of SOM (Soil Organic Matter). I will also agree with Humates. What are Humates and where do they come from? Humus is the layer just above coal and give more time will turn into coal. Humus has a very high carbon content as does Coal, since coal is carbon and acid. SOM is classified as two different forms. Those still decomposing and those completely decomposed. Humus is completely decomposed and contains Acids. Because of those acids SOM lowers pH in soil. In my Calcareous Sandy soil SOM and Humates are very beneficial and I use Organic matter as a Help for my synthetic fert. However That doesn't mean a Clay loam or sandy loam soil would benefit as great.

I use Organic material in conjunction with a synthetic program. But I get very defensive of those pushing all organic idiot programs. The economics of Organic programs is the biggest problem with Organic programs. The mass volume needed to get a response is more than the average company can provide. To apply only a small amount of Organic material without synthetic fert won't get the response the customer wants.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE

I use Organic material in conjunction with a synthetic program. But I get very defensive of those pushing all organic idiot programs. The economics of Organic programs is the biggest problem with Organic programs. The mass volume needed to get a response is more than the average company can provide. To apply only a small amount of Organic material without synthetic fert won't get the response the customer wants.[/QUOTE]

You need to talk to Marcos.

He claims that the organic components are the same price as synthetic and you get a BETTER response. I have not checked but I have had several confirm that the organic materials are 2-3x the price of synthetics, but he denied that! What is the comparison of price per K of snythetic vs organic when comparing programs?

I feel the same way as you do on this topic!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
Same site, ball fields. There are 15 acres of sports turf that have been taken care on this campus, they have decided to do the entire 150 acre campus this way.
Looks great....but I can take some pics of the athletic fields I take care of (11 acre complex with 2 football fields, 2 soccer fields a large practice field and several ball diamonds) and it is an all synthetic fertilizer program and chem weed control.