Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-18-2008, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grn Mtn View Post
The wider track on the Dingo gives it more tractive effort for digging and it has less of a footprint on established lawns. I ran a 425 tx wide track gasser this spring, cultivated 3/4 of an acre of (rock) field. no bogging down but had to stop and pull boulders out every once and a while. No hand fatigue, but did wish I was on a platform -that was a lot of walking backwords. Did not run out of gas. 4 hours on the meter.

The Vermeer 600tx can dump higher than the Dingo and digs great.

I have not used the Bobcat, but the whole mounting plate thing does seem annoying.
I like the fact that the dingo has the optional ride plate... gives me the choice of walking or riding.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

demo a dingo with the wide track...believe it or not it is hands down better on turf that the narrow...and any of the others machines I have tested. Altough at the time I only tested the bobcat and the ditchwitch.

I have the 425...525 wasn't out yet The only diesels available are were the wheeled models. We do a lot of mulch in the spring on existing landscapes/turf and I kid you not after a day sometimes two (depending on conditions) you would even know we where there.

It has got plenty of power. We have the cultivator, high torque auger w/bits & cement mixer, 3in1 tool, dozer blade, light material & standard buckets, and the forks. I've estimated with me on the machine its equivalent to 3 laborers. The greatest part about it is the controls...absolutely simple and easy to use...which helps if you have employees. ANYONE can learn to use the machine and be semi-efficient with it after about an hour of using it.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another Ditch Witch SK user here.... I can't imagine not having a decent operator platform; being able to ride allows you to go much faster at a lot of things. The M55s that I've seen had a dopey wheeled platform; seems very bad for rough terrain.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

After having run the MT55 for the past week now, I can say, hands down, that I love the hand controls.

I like the way that the platform hinges, but it is a pain to take on and off when you are working in loose soil. I will be trying the MT52 next week. We'll see how that one handles.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Try This with The Bobcat

Drive forward while at the same time raise the loader arm and curl the bucket. Let me know what happens.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo900 View Post
Drive forward while at the same time raise the loader arm and curl the bucket. Let me know what happens.
Somebody knows the benefit of the extra hydraulic pump
Old 06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Platform

you seem concern a lot about platform and you should know that they are other platform manufacturers than Bobcat, Toro...
Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
you seem concern a lot about platform and you should know that they are other platform manufacturers than Bobcat, Toro...
Yeah a $500 piece of crap. I just love my platform.... just remember never to back into a tree or you will have to get the grinder out and cut 25% of the platform off so it won't turn into a sod cutter.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Please consider a demo of a Ditch Witch SK650.

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/ap...emplate=search

A few quick things to note during your demo of a SK650 compared to other brands you are considering:

Hinge Pin height: 81"

Power Plant: Kubota Diesel TURBO!

Maintenance: Grease points - zero!

Ground Speed: 4 mph Forward & REVERSE

Operator Platform: Fixed stand on platform

Controls: Pilot operated (Hydraulic charge stroking the pumps, not rods and mechanical mechanisms requiring ongoing maintenance) also results in less fatigue after of full day of operation
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My impressions of the DW sk 650 and the vermeer
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...&postcount=468