Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Billy Goat "Force 13" Push blower. Anyone try it?

I was thinking about buying the billy goat Force 13 push blower in the fall, I hear they are pretty good, better than little wonders. Anyone use one or have any advice on push blowers? (are they worth the money, do they do a nice job, easy or hard to handle) All comment are appreciated

Thanks Tom
Old 06-18-2008, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I have always used the little wonder blower, they are pricey and for the money they are definitely worth it. I personally dont like the billy goat because the airstream is more wide spread and less directed which when handling a large volume of leaves is not as good. The billy goat 9hp is actually bigger in size than the little wonder 13 hp. Another thing is the little wonder is metal while the billygoat is plastic therefore if it falls and you crack the casing not only will it throw off the whole aerodynamics of the fan and whatnot but you will have to basically replace the entire blower hosing.

Id say go little wonder and stick to the honda models, you probably want something higher than or equal too 9hp.
Scag Walkbehind 48"

Redmax EBZ 7100
Stihl Br 420
Little wonder
Redmax trimmers
Stihl chainsaw
Old 06-18-2008, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have the older style metal BG's and they are great. The nice feature is the air outlet can be controlled up or down, which comes in handy. I tried a Force one and it has some serious power, and lightweight. The metal ones can get pretty tiring if your not on flat ground, a small incline start to seem like a large hill after a while. If I buy another it will be a Force.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is offline
Sponsor

Tom

First of all, I (as do most folks) consider myself biased. However I'll tell you to run them side by side and let the units speak for themselves.

Little Wonder makes a fine product. However, I'll bet that you will find the Billy Goat F1301H to be more powerful, quieter, easier to control the airflow, more comfortable, easier to push through grass (24 pounds lighter) and with a much nicer throttle control than equally powered competitive units.

Those who dismiss plastic as inferior should look at the back-packs they use. They are all plastic now because they needed to be lighter and quieter. They must hold up to commercial use. The same can be said of chainsaw and string trimmers. When was the last time you saw a ZTR with a steel gas tank? Our HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) housings have both a UV inhibitor as well as an impact resistant resin added to ensure durability.

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.

Last edited by Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries; 06-19-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the Billy Goat 9 hp Honda Blower with the hand control flipper attachment. It's the best thing since sliced bread. Talking about output. Man, it gets the job done in a snap. The flipper control is the main reason I chose the BG over the Little Wonder. I'm able to walk past a pile of leaves/debris with the output nozzle in the air and when I', in the position I want, a squeeze of the hand control puts the force right where you want it. By moving the flipper up in down with the squeeze of your hand, you can dislodge stubborn wet leaves and also decide how far out you want to blow the leaves. You can't control this action with the Little Wonder. The output port is fixed.

Go with the Billy Goat, but be sure it comes with the port control throttle.

My next WB blower will be definitely be another BG. One man's opinion.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I was going to buy the Force 13, matter of fact I had my mind made up, but holy hell they are expensive! I ended up going with 10hp LW and the thing works great. The way I looked at it was, how often would I use it? If it's all the time, fine I'll pay the extra, but in reality, even my wb is at the shop sitting all year except for cleanups. It's not like I went cheap on the wb, mine was still $900, I just did'nt see the added cost of the BG being benefitial in the long run for a machine that sits almost all year. I did like the control cable on the BG though, I don't know why noone else is hoppin on that wagon.
48" Scag
Boss plow
Old 06-22-2008, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird24 View Post
We have the older style metal BG's and they are great. The nice feature is the air outlet can be controlled up or down, which comes in handy. I tried a Force one and it has some serious power, and lightweight. The metal ones can get pretty tiring if your not on flat ground, a small incline start to seem like a large hill after a while. If I buy another it will be a Force.
We like ours also and in particular the control air outlet is almost a must have item. I would have absolutely no worry about the plastic housing.