Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-24-2008, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like the gas valve is shut off. That white plastic thing near the carbuertor is the choke. Push to left for full choke--push to the right to run. The plastic air cleaner horn is partially broken away, needs to be fixed.

If you shut off the red gas valve, the machine can be tipped up on its nose to access the drive belt and pump. Also remove 4 bolts of the front cover to access the battery and various wires under the hood. A good winter project.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, im just worried that it wont work, because like i said i dont have much down time.. I get home around 6 or 7 everyday except for a few days including today, and today is the day i go around all my machines and wash them change blades grease etc. Ideally i would like to have a working machine that wont give me any problems. What i ahve been hearing about this machine is not good. Many people beleive that they are the worst machines they have ever built. And im not sure i want to spend 500 bucks on this if the guy wont budge.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I said worst machine pg ever made, it's more of a personall thing with pg, they knew when they released it there was gonna be problems, I just never could figuire out how they went from a machine like the centri that was pretty close to perfect at the time, basically just to offer electric start.
Otherwise for that price it's not a bad deal, 4900.00 was the price new so that's where I'm coming from.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ooo yea i just dont want something that i have to put alot of work into.. I have enough bill to pay hahaha, just bought two new mowers, two backpacks, push mower, one trimmer in the past couple months so im trying to keep the cost to a minimal so i can make some more money. So i would ideally like something that wont have many problems if any. And i know i wont get that ever buying used but right now i dont justify spending 6k on a brand new one haha when im not going to use it often. With that money i would put it towards a new rider ahha