Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-18-2000, 05:40 PM
Currinson's Avatar
Currinson Currinson is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 97
I am a sole proprietor, Where on the schedule c do you put the fuel expense for mowers and equipment?<p>----------<br>Currin<p>
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2000, 05:53 PM
Lazer Lazer is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,446
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2000, 06:31 PM
GroundKprs GroundKprs is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Bend, IN
Posts: 1,969
Ours is included in equip maintenance, you could list separately on line 27 (recap of Part 5 on back page).<br>Also should file Form 4136 with your fed taxes if you kept separate track of equipment fuel. You can get credit of $0.184/gal. In some states you can also get state fuel tax refunded: in IN use form GR-4136: a separate filing direct to Dept of Rev to get $0.15/gal refunded directly. In Indiana you need to send in original receipts, and receipt format is explicitly defined.<br>Takes a little research, and a little time to track, but gas costs me $.334 less than pump price for equipment.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>South Bend, IN
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.05945 seconds with 8 queries