Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-18-2000, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking in to buying a bagger to put on one of my comm. mowers. Has anyone used one of these products. The one the guy is looking at for me has the auxillary 6hp Kohler engine and twin buckets. Price around $1800.00 Need to know fast if they are any good.<p>Homer
Old 01-18-2000, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Homer,<br>That one sounds like the trac-vac one for a ZTR, right? <br>That one is nice, cause the Kohler 6hp is a great upgrade over that standard Briggs (non-I/C) 5 hp. Also the twin 30 gallon hoppers are easier to empty than the single 44 gallon ones, especially if it's full of wet grass.
Old 01-18-2000, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Lazer, that is good news. I hate to spend that much on junk. I had a thought.............is it possible to turn your blades off and vaccuum, using the aux. motor? Seems like that would come in handy.
Old 01-18-2000, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to remove the intake hose right by the mower discharge chute and can bag individual piles. The hose clamps that holds the 8&quot; intake hoses aren't needed or wanted anyway. You will (if you get too greedy) need to unclog that hose and you can do it instantly if those clamps are removed. Don't take that the wrong way, though, the seldom clog and only when it's wet.<p>If you were asking if they vacuumed out from under the whole deck, no they don't do that.<p>I've never heard of a blue-bird, but the trac-vac is a very good product and does it's job well.