Register free!

Old 06-28-2008, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Regal Fertilizer

Has anyone used Regal Fertilizer before? I have used Lesco fert. for many years and got the red A$$ with them and decided to switch. A buddy of mine told me about Regal Chemical, from Atlanta, Ga.

I bought some 32-3-12 50% SCU last month for $24.00 a bag. I was real surprised becaused the prill was a mini prill. The fert was very clean with no dust and very very easy to spread. At $24.00 a bag, that's .75 cents per thousand square feet.

I'm looking forward in using more products from them. Just wanted to know if anyone else had any problems or comments about Regal.

Thanks.

LSU Horticulture Degree
Commercial State License
Turf and Ornamental Spray License

Spray Services offered:
-Insect Control
-Fertilization
-Weed Control
-Disease Control
-Soil Testing
Old 06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACYDS View Post

I bought some 32-3-12 50% SCU last month for $24.00 a bag. I was real surprised becaused the prill was a mini prill. The fert was very clean with no dust and very very easy to spread. At $24.00 a bag, that's .75 cents per thousand square feet.

Thanks.
If you are applying it a the rate of 1/2 lb of nitrogen per 1000 Sq. Ft. the pricing is correct. If you would apply it at the rate of 1 lb per 1000 Sq. Ft. as I do the price would be $1.50 per 1000 Sq. Ft. That would be about the same price I apply my 96% slow release product from JDL. My 50% slow release product costs me $1.38 at my rate and $0.69 at your rate.
Regal is not in my area as the shipping cost would kill them. All the competitors of JDL are either very close in price or a little more or if cheaper are of a lesser quality. A mini prill at that price is very good though.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdLLawnMan View Post
If you are applying it a the rate of 1/2 lb of nitrogen per 1000 Sq. Ft. the pricing is correct. If you would apply it at the rate of 1 lb per 1000 Sq. Ft. as I do the price would be $1.50 per 1000 Sq. Ft. That would be about the same price I apply my 96% slow release product from JDL. My 50% slow release product costs me $1.38 at my rate and $0.69 at your rate.
Regal is not in my area as the shipping cost would kill them. All the competitors of JDL are either very close in price or a little more or if cheaper are of a lesser quality. A mini prill at that price is very good though.
You are correct. I am applying at 1 pound per thousand, so it is $1.50 per thousand. Dont know why I put .75 cents. (Need to proof read my thread before sending it. lol)

The shipping wasnt bad. It cost me $16.00 in shipping for 40 bags. Not bad, I dont think.

LSU Horticulture Degree
Commercial State License
Turf and Ornamental Spray License

Spray Services offered:
-Insect Control
-Fertilization
-Weed Control
-Disease Control
-Soil Testing
Old 07-02-2008, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Regal products are excellent. I used them quite a bit.

Also, they had great policies on shipping at one time. If you exceeded the minimum order, shipping was not charged. Not sure if that is still the case with the fuel prices.

If your program includes the use of Nitroform, they are the one to call. Regal probably pushes out more Nitroform than anyone.