Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 09:18 PM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
gravely 21

I saw the 21 inch in a brochure the deck sure resembles a snapper deck.
Is this 21 gonna be out in the spring to?
Also can i post some pictures on the forum from the brchure so some of the guys can see what the new walkbehinds look like?
Old 01-11-2002, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure which mower your talking about, but Ariens has a commercial 21" (LM 21 SCH). I imagine that it would be the same, just with a different name.

Ryan
Old 01-11-2002, 09:37 AM
Gravely Manufacturer

The Gravely 21 comes with a Robin engine.

The professional Ariens comes with the Briggs Intek PRO engine.

I would prefer to think the snapper deck looks like ours not the other way around.

A lot of people use these machines in commercial applications. From warranty rates I see it holds up well.

Barry
Ariens/Gravely Guy
Old 01-11-2002, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

EngMwrGuy,
I have not seen an Ariens Commercial with a Briggs engine. In fact, I just bought one 3 months ago with a Robin engine. My dealer only had them with the Robin engine, and the sales brochure only shows commercial models with the Robin engine. My dealer said the only difference in a Gravely and an Ariens is the color of the paint.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Gravely Manufacturer

That was true for last year's models.

The Robin is now offered only on the Gravely side.

Tough little engine by the way.

Barry
Ariens/Gravely Guy
Old 01-11-2002, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am glad I got one while the Robin was offered on it. I like the performance of the Robin Engine.