Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-07-2008, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawn boy M series

Gents,

I have an old M series Lawn boy that's on it's last legs but I am very attached to it and would love to find another one. If it runs, great. If not I could use it for the parts. Any body got one they want to part with? I would drive quite a ways or pay for shipping.

Rick
East Side Lawn Care
Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Check craigslist in New Orleans. Yesterday a guy posted one for sale for $100.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:25 AM
LawnSite Member

M Series

Thanks for the info on the N'awlins M series. This morning it's gone!

I like the idea of a national search on Craigslist, though. I hadn't done that before.I appreciate the feedback and if you see any other listing for an "M" I'd appreciate the heads up.
Thanks very much.
Rick in MIlwaukee
Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Rick, I have an M series in good shape minus the carb. I can't find a carb rebuild kit anywhere. I'd like it to go to a good home where it can keep other M-series mowers in action. I live outside Memphis, TN, and can do shipping if I break down the mower.

I can get some pictures.
Jurgen
Old 07-09-2008, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey, Tennesee

Thanks very much for the response on the M series. I would really enjoy having it. I'll give you whatever you think is fair for it and cover shipping and any inconvenience costs for you. And, if it's in better shape than mine (which it probably is,) I'll put my carb in that machine. Either way, I'll for come up with one that works!
I can be reached at any time and have cash ready to go. 414-339-3312. I look forward to hearing from you and I promise to give it a good home.
Thanks again,
Rick
Milwaukee WI
Old 07-12-2008, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Pictures, finally

Here are pictures. If you want it, it's yours. Just let me know.

Jurgen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lawnboy1-jh.jpg (58.7 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg lawnboy2-jh.jpg (65.0 KB, 123 views)
Old 07-13-2008, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Jurgen,
You're right, it is in great shape. Yes, I sure do want it. If you would be good enough to give me your mailing address I will send you the modest amount of $50 plus whatever shipping costs are required. You can call me or email me with this info at your convenience and I will get payment to you immediately.
So, what's it like in Tennessee these days. Hot, humid, rainy?
We've been getting a lot of rain and even a good deal of flooding around here, which is unusual for us. You may have seen video of that big house being washed away on Lake Delton. That's a bit to the west of us but a lot of the state has been hit with major flood damage. We're lucky. Our house sits up on a little hill so we just got a trickle of water in the basement, but many were not so fortunate. Also, when it's this wet the mosquitos go wild, so you can't even go outside sometimes without getting swarmed by the little buggers! I hope it's a little nicer where you are.
Anyway, thanks very much for the pictures. I look forward to having an M series that looks and works great. I really appreciate what you're doing and I look forward to hearing from you and completing the transaction.
Please let me know if there is anything else you need from me.
Rick Halverson
3339 N Dousman Street
Milwaukee WI 53212
Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The commercial series of this mower is probably the best commercial mower ever made. I loved the one I used more than my suzuki proline.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Gosh, hate giving up this mower, but like I said, you can't get parts for them.

Rick, I will break down the mower this week and start packaging. I think it'll take two boxes, but you will only have to pay actual shipping.

The weather in TN has actually been quite mild. Still hot and humid, but not horrible. We could use some our your rain, though.

What do you guys think is a good mid-level 21" to buy? A local dealer has the Snapper line. They have a residential version 21" with Kawasaki engine for $609. Looks like it would be easy to maintain and repair. It isn't their commercial duty version, but still looks very good for something that'll get 30 hours per year. The other choice is a Toro Super Recycler with their own engine (B&S???). It also looks good. Aluminum deck, but doesn't look as serviceable and doesn't have the Kawasaki (big in my book). I have to get something soon, because trimming ditch banks with a string trimmer is rough. A 21" would be so much better.

Jurgen
Old 07-14-2008, 06:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, Jurgen. Just let me know what shipping costs are and where to send payment. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks again,
Rick