Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Pictures of My Shop

Ive been doing some extensive cleaning at my Shop. Its actually a wood shop but i'm almost to the point where i can get my trailer and a few things in there as well as a nice bench and area to work on my mower and stuff. Here are some pictures of its state right now. I hope to have it cleaned by the weekend. Although thats going to be an undertaking moving most of this wood out of the way to fit stuff in there.
All the wood i have to move: these pictures don't do justice of how much space is there.

Little work Area:

Most of the Shop:

Where im moving the wood:

Ill try to get some better pictures of the place when its finally clean. Ill get some pics of the spray booth and what not thats always a cool little place.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What do you build in there? Lets see some pics of that. I was toying with the idea of turning my garage into a small wood shop to build furniture.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoyale View Post
What do you build in there? Lets see some pics of that. I was toying with the idea of turning my garage into a small wood shop to build furniture.
Well its been a long journey. It was once used to build all types of things built-ins, cabinets, furniture etc. They did a lot in this shop and cleaning it out i have found a ton of different things; Pipe threader concrete power screed, welding equipment a lot of stuff i don't know what to do with now. After that phase it went onto the phase of custom kiddie furniture which was built up until 5 or so years ago. Then I came along and started building subwoofer and car audio boxes through high school as there was a huge demand for this here are a few pictures:

You get the point. haha well anyways at the same time I was building boxes there was also another guy in there building some pretty cool stuff and some well interesting things like this:

And now its in its probably in the final phase which is me trying to put my landscape equipment in there
Old 07-10-2008, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I always enjoyed the wood shop in high school and have been wanting to set up a shop of my own to build some funky outdoor furniture I 've been thinking about. My existing shop is too small for my landscape company, and couldn't accomodate another work bench. I find myself sitting in front of the tube too muck in the winter time and I figured I gotta keep myself busy somehow. Gotta finish insulating it first and run the duct work into it to keep warm during the winter. You inspired me.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoyale View Post
I always enjoyed the wood shop in high school and have been wanting to set up a shop of my own to build some funky outdoor furniture I 've been thinking about. My existing shop is too small for my landscape company, and couldn't accomodate another work bench. I find myself sitting in front of the tube too muck in the winter time and I figured I gotta keep myself busy somehow. Gotta finish insulating it first and run the duct work into it to keep warm during the winter. You inspired me.
haha i love inspiring people. good thing about this shop is the heating Some kind of co-ray vac system and at times it can get rather toastie. I love it though.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That is a hot looking wood shop! I would love to have something like that someday.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Baseballer1100?????
Should be "BIGBALLER1100"
Nice work...
Old 07-10-2008, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice shop, my dad used to do alot of wood work, he has a nice little shop in our basement. Is those wooden things hanging on the one wall jigs for bilding different things?
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Enforcer View Post
That is a hot looking wood shop! I would love to have something like that someday.
Yeah i kind of inherited it when my grandfather died. Its not actually mine but i can do whatever i want in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTheLawnMan View Post
Baseballer1100?????
Should be "BIGBALLER1100"
Nice work...
Haha why didnt i think of that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
Nice shop, my dad used to do alot of wood work, he has a nice little shop in our basement. Is those wooden things hanging on the one wall jigs for bilding different things?
Yup most of them are for the childrens furniture i mentioned in a earlier post.