Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-12-2002, 08:50 PM
Banned

quickbooks

does anyone use quickbooks like a small business edition? what about linking it to a version of turbo tax. what kind of customer info does it store.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I have ran quickbooks for about 7-8 years. I ahve never ran it with turbo tax although I know it does go hand in hand.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Greenstar,

If you're thinking of running quickbooks as your database for this line of work, I'm sorry to say you can't. It does hold your basic client info (service/billing address, sales tax info, etc), but you will need a suppliment to this program for routing and scheduling. If this is the route you're heading in then check out alocet.com and their QBExpress program.

Good luck

Bob
Old 01-13-2002, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Re: quickbooks

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenStar
does anyone use quickbooks like a small business edition? what about linking it to a version of turbo tax. what kind of customer info does it store.
I think you'll find a lot of people on here use Quickbooks. It has about 80% of the small business accounting software market.

As others stated, it might not maintain all the database information you want without add on programs, but as far as basic accounting, it should do the trick.

As far as the link to Turbo Tax, yeah, it works, but you have to have everything set up right (what goes where, etc.).

Also consider, once you have it linked to Turbo Tax, do you have any idea if the end product is right or not? You might want to save the money on Turbo Tax and tax your Quickbooks info to an accountant, it could go a ways towards paying your tax preparation bill and gives you benefit of a professional's expertise.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use both Quickbooks and TurboTax but I find no need to link them. I prefer to use quickbooks to manage my client lists, invoicing, track payments, create sales charts, etc. But I don't use it for keeping track of expenses or taxes. Too much work. I find easier ways to do that.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon