Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-12-2008, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How about the T190 ?

ok.......I'm planning on a CTL purchase next week. Just waiting for a final quote from CAT on a 247B and a final number from Takeuchi on a T130. I haven't tried the T190 from Bobcat but am interested in knowing what the T190 owners have to say about their machines.

I love the CAT but I can't justify a total bottom rebuild at $ 10,000 at 1700+ hours.

I do plan on keeping this machine for 6+ years and figure I'll be logging about 300 hours a year.

Kubota KX121-3
E-Z Screen 500XL
Isuzu FRR w/Switch-n-Go
John Deere CT 322
Turbo Turf 300E hydroseeder
Harley Mx8H
FFC Preparator
Old 07-13-2008, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought a tak tl 140 this year, Before I bought I looked at tl 130 and bobcat 190 and bobcat is not on top of the market anymore and I think that shows the most with there ctl, I think there are lacking in more ways but most important is power
Old 07-13-2008, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Member

while our T190 is a tough machine, it is also extremely rough to operate, noisy as heck, and not the best in the ctl crowd right now. I have not run the takeuchi but most here love them. We just got a new 257B2 this year and so far it's flawless. Yes it could use 5 more horses, but for me its a complete joy to operate in all conditions. The rebuild cost for the suspended undercarriage is not an issue to me if my back is still good and my kidneys aren't shaken all day. Try as many as you can and buy the one you like best cause 6 or more years is a long time to run a machine that you don't truly like. My .02
Old 07-13-2008, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Ther undercarriage repair costs will be greater on the T190 at 1700 hours than the 247 (esp the b2), actual owners of both have testified to that.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansondirtman View Post
Ther undercarriage repair costs will be greater on the T190 at 1700 hours than the 247 (esp the b2), actual owners of both have testified to that.
yeah but at 1700 hours on the t190 it will be the first time replacing things on the cat 247 at 1700 hours will be the second time replacing everything .

i must say I'm very happy with my t190 its a tough machine mine has 1630 hours i believe and to date all i have replaced on the undercarriage were sprockets that were under warranty and 2 shields that cover there hoses and fittings once you take the tracks off. other then that i cant complain about it.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'd still take the Cat over the Tak and Bobcat, suspended is the only way to go and with some minor investments in Bair Products line of ASV rollers and idlers, they are damn near bullet proof.

My T190 (1750+ hrs) was due for the second set of tracks, new pair of sprockets, new pair of rear idlers and the front idler guides would have to be machined to get the slop out of them, after that cost, I could buy a new pair of tracks and front ilders for my Cat.

Bobcat and Tak's also like to suck fuel and run hot hydraulic oil, my Cat is saving me money in fuel and it takes more than 6 hours of continuous digging to really heat the hydraulic oil up to max. temps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-13-2008, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I tested a cat before i bought my tak and yeah they are nice machines but the rollers suck for working in 3/4 stone, because they are coated. Even the cat rep in nj told me when I was doing the demo that Due to the squirrel cage design and coated rollers the cat was not my best opton for the work we do.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The T190 is very weak in hp and breakout, loud the hyd noise is unacceptable, if you get it in AHC you have a machine with no servo assist making the machine a workout to run with an unacceptable amount of feedback. These machines are at the lowest level in their class of machines. I cant speak for reliability or durability but with all CTL/MTL the way they are ran has a lot to do with how long they last. They would likely be much more affordable to rebuild than a CAT.

I would look at the CASE 420 Series 3. I was looking at the specs last night and this machine is ready to go to work. It has 2K ROC at 35%, 74 hp, pilot controls and much stronger breakout force, and much higher hyd. flow, not to mention ride control as an option making it much more comfortable and productive to run. Given the choices that you list the TK is much heavier duty than any of the other machines listed. It may not be as quiet or as smooth as the CAT, but it is much better built for abuse than is the CAT. It would depend on what you want to do with it.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhilton View Post
I tested a cat before i bought my tak and yeah they are nice machines but the rollers suck for working in 3/4 stone, because they are coated. Even the cat rep in nj told me when I was doing the demo that Due to the squirrel cage design and coated rollers the cat was not my best opton for the work we do.
If you do more than 50% demo work, then forget the Cat, but even that type of work can be hazardous to any CTL.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-13-2008, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhilton View Post
i was told the same thing