Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2008, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Member

engine won't start

I have a Exmark metro with a 15hp Kohler. Today I (easily) started it and walked it to the garage so I could put new mulching blades on. I placed the front casters on a cooler and changed the blades. After I set it down it would not start and the cord was hard to pull. I checked the spark plug and it was fouled. I replaced it and still it will not start. When the spark plug is out the cord pulls fine. Sorry I am not mechanically inclined, so any suggestions would be great!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlee65 View Post
I have a Exmark metro with a 15hp Kohler. Today I (easily) started it and walked it to the garage so I could put new mulching blades on. I placed the front casters on a cooler and changed the blades. After I set it down it would not start and the cord was hard to pull. I checked the spark plug and it was fouled. I replaced it and still it will not start. When the spark plug is out the cord pulls fine. Sorry I am not mechanically inclined, so any suggestions would be great!

Just a thought, in tipping it backwards you may have flooded the carburetter. Remove the plug and spin the engine over. BUT make sure the ignition is off, you don't want the machine going up in flames if the HT should ground. Leave the plug out and let the fuel evaporate from the cylinder (maybe an hour) and refit the plug. When restarting don't choke the engine. Then off yer go