Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

what does an S185 burn per hour or 8 hr day.

Like the title... I just need a ballpark figure because I haven't a clue, I dont think I have operated a Skid long enough consecutively to even run down an entire tank by myself. I already know 24 gallons times $4.50 (believe thats about the price of offroad here) = 110 bucks.
Thank you in advance for the replies
00'Gravely Pro 150 36" WB w/Kawi 460 and a Jumbo Grass Gobbler
Stihl KM130R(cultivator, straight edger, pole saw, extention)
Stihl KM90R (trimmer, brush cutter, straight hedge trimmer, and a broken curved edger)
'09 Husky 576XP 20" solid tip/28" roller
Stihl BG85
Old 07-31-2008, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i have no clue!

but we can run our rented t190 backfilling pools for twelve hours on a tank of fuel course that isnt very hard work just pushing dirt around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Depending on what type of work you are doing and how hard you are working the machine, you could go through half a tank to almost a full tank in a day. After a recent job I did where I was running the machine (S185) full bore for 10 hrs hogging dirt, I went through almost 20 gal of fuel.

On a lighter job where I was able to use the foot throttle to regulate engine speed while grading, I used a little more than 1/4 of a tank in 4 hours.

Hope this helps!

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
i have no clue!

but we can run our rented t190 backfilling pools for twelve hours on a tank of fuel course that isnt very hard work just pushing dirt around...
ok i was so freakn wrong it wasnt funny!! i was thinking of the excavator! haha

we usually almost empty it backfilling pools on a ten to twelve hour day..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those mid framed skids have a 28 gallon tank, 56 hp, so maybe 20 gallons in light stuff, but most builders here that have that fame size usually burn 15 gallons, but they don't use it as much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-31-2008, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, it looks like I will put in $350 into the bid and bank on a little over 3 tanks for the 3 days of hauling branches and debris with a root/grapple thru the woods.
Stihl KM90R (trimmer, brush cutter, straight hedge trimmer, and a broken curved edger)
Stihl BG85
Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Bronk36 View Post
Thanks guys, it looks like I will put in $350 into the bid and bank on a little over 3 tanks for the 3 days of hauling branches and debris with a root/grapple thru the woods.
want some help? haha i love hauling brush and trees with a grapple not sure why i just love!

Quote:

Old 07-31-2008, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
want some help? haha i love hauling brush and trees with a grapple not sure why i just love!
last time I did it was the beginning of my first full summer operating... barely knew the pedals... old guy I was with dropped me off and went to go get something, told me where to put the debris so I hopped in and got to work. I kept noticing that the ride was really wavy but thought nothing of it. Turns out I had a flat tire the whole time that I never saw when I got in. Almost ruined the tire, they had to run a tube in it. I now check all tires every time It was probably that 863's fault anyway.. that thing was the biggest lemon ever!!
Stihl BG85
Old 07-31-2008, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

With my S185 Iím averaging 1.5 to 2 Gallons/Hr. running 2400-2500 RPM. If I put tracks on, itís just over 3Gal/Hr.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Bronk36 View Post
last time I did it was the beginning of my first full summer operating... barely knew the pedals... old guy I was with dropped me off and went to go get something, told me where to put the debris so I hopped in and got to work. I kept noticing that the ride was really wavy but thought nothing of it. Turns out I had a flat tire the whole time that I never saw when I got in. Almost ruined the tire, they had to run a tube in it. I now check all tires every time It was probably that 863's fault anyway.. that thing was the biggest lemon ever!!
thats the best way to learn!

that is the way dad taught me! well i shouldnt say taught me he just told me what to do and he walked off! haha

Quote: