Old 01-16-2002, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

fertilizer liscense

how and where do i go by getting my liscense?i live in boston
where should i go ?
Old 01-27-2002, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool

Mikey, I live on the cape and a freind of mine who has been in business for twenty years or so, gave me this number to call for help . Though I havent used this number yet I plan to in the next week or so . Call the Barnstable County Extension at 508-375-6692, or the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension at 508-375-6690
or Master Gardeners at 508-375-6700 . These agencies should be able to tell you where to go and who to call for the information that you need for getting your business going .
Good Luck !
Old 01-29-2002, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Organic program

Folks this is to gain some information about offering a "organic" program in addition to our traditional program.

I don't want to hear any information about results..am familiar with them. I don't want to debate the environmental issues involved. I don't need to hear anyone's idealogy on environmentalism. I have read all the previous posts and have seen the emotions that this envokes. I don't want to hear the emotional side.

I simply need some assistance in designing a "organic" program that will compliment our traditional program for customers that have that need. There is a large market for which something like this would be appealing.

1). Source for "organic" based fertilizer?

2). Typical program for cool season grasses (bluegrass)?

3). What traditional compliments are needed to make this practical and realistic for the real world where the customers want and require minimal herbicide and pesticide control?

Thanks for your help in advance!