Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-25-2008, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenred View Post
Amsoil Power - I live very close to Rochester in downstate Illinois where your location is. Can you tell me if there is anyone that sells it in the Rochester, Chatham, Springfield area? I am interested in giving the oil a shot - especially the Sabre 2cycl mix.
PM sent to you.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Price Revisions

Just wanted to post about the price revisions effective Sept.1 for comparison purposes. These Amsoil prices are based on the commercial account pricing.

1 gal mix = .95
2.5 gal mix = $1.65
case of 12 = $18.60 ($1.55 ea)
5 gal mix = $3.05
case of 12 = $34.80 ($2.90 ea)
1 quart = $7.70
case of 12 = $87.60 ($7.30 ea)
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello Amsoil Power. I just bought an fs90....will I have to wait until after the break in period to use Amsoil? Also, it is the 4 mix engine. What would my mix ratio be?
I have used Amsoil in my vehicles so I know it is good stuff!

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman1 View Post
Hello Amsoil Power. I just bought an fs90....will I have to wait until after the break in period to use Amsoil? Also, it is the 4 mix engine. What would my mix ratio be?
I have used Amsoil in my vehicles so I know it is good stuff!

Thanks!
You can use any of the Amsoil products in any of your equipment as soon as you get it to your house. The break-in theory is being thrown out the door now that alot of manufacturers recommend synthetics from the get-go. The Amsoil 2-cycle is good out to a 100:1 ratio. Most guys run it at 80:1 as this gives some room for "mixing errors". Thanks for you interest and questions.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Hoyt. So, if my Stihl calls for a 50:1 mix, I would use the same formula using the amsoil then right? (2.6 oz per gallon) Also, do you carry any kind of measuring device to measure out the right amount of oil, or should I just get a measuring cup or something similiar? I would want to order 1 quart to try so I would need to measure it out.
Thanks!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks Hoyt. So, if my Stihl calls for a 50:1 mix, I would use the same formula using the amsoil then right? (2.6 oz per gallon) Also, do you carry any kind of measuring device to measure out the right amount of oil, or should I just get a measuring cup or something similiar? I would want to order 1 quart to try so I would need to measure it out.
Thanks!
Ignore the Stihl 50:1 ratio. Mix the Amsoil at a 80:1 ratio which comes out to 4 oz. for every 2.5 gallon. This ratio will cover any manufacturers mix ratio regardless of what it is. There are oz markings on the quarts for ease of measuring. One of the benefits of using Amsoil is the fact that you use much less oil to get better results and performance than other oils. Using too much oil reduces benefits and wastes money. Hope this helps.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Member

OK, so I now have the Stihl FS90 4-mix engine and the 2 stroke Stihl BG85 blower, I can mix the Amsoil to 80:1 and use the same mix for both? That is awesome if I am understanding this correctly! If this is the case, let me know what I need to do to order a quart from you. I do not have a commercial account set up yet.

Thanks for answering all of my questions!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
OK, so I now have the Stihl FS90 4-mix engine and the 2 stroke Stihl BG85 blower, I can mix the Amsoil to 80:1 and use the same mix for both? That is awesome if I am understanding this correctly! If this is the case, let me know what I need to do to order a quart from you. I do not have a commercial account set up yet.

Thanks for answering all of my questions!

Click on the link to my website in my signature and go to the Online Store, Order what you need, follow the checkout procedures and it will ship to your doorstep. If it asks for a dealer # when you checkout, please use 1521372. Yes, you will be able to use the same mix in both units. This oil can be used in any or all 2-cycle handheld equipment regardless of brand or mix ratio!!!! Let me know when you are ready for a commercial account. Thanks again!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of your help! I will definately use your account number for my order and will come back to you when I am ready to go commercial! Take care!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

mr. Amsoil, I have made the switch last year and have noticed a bigger gas consumption in my 2 cycles. Is this normal? I talked my buddy into it also and the first thing he noticed was the increase in gas consumption?