Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frue View Post
mr. Amsoil, I have made the switch last year and have noticed a bigger gas consumption in my 2 cycles. Is this normal? I talked my buddy into it also and the first thing he noticed was the increase in gas consumption?
Feedback I have received is generally the opposite....less fuel consumption. It may depend on the equipment. More than likely, your equipment is running more rpm's now than before requiring a little more fuel. Was your equipment running at its peak before switching to Amsoil? If it was running somewhat subpar, it probably wasn't using as much fuel. Many variables are involved, but overall most see less fuel consumption.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

All i use is Amsoil Saber 2cyl oil in my equipment! (what a difference with my Echos) I also bought 4 tubes of Amsoil synthetic grease so i can lube everything up!(good stuff)
Old 10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bump....good informational post for those who have not seen it.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Another bump for ya.....I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!! I run it in my Stihl's & Echo's @ 100:1 @ they run awesome!!!! But I am still solo for the most part so I can control mixing of gas & oil better. I will probably go with 80:1 when I get employees.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For jobs like this I use my walk behind and the JRCO transporter.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaw View Post
For jobs like this I use my walk behind and the JRCO transporter.
I'm lost????
Old 10-12-2008, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmsoilPower View Post
You can use any of the Amsoil products in any of your equipment as soon as you get it to your house. The break-in theory is being thrown out the door now that alot of manufacturers recommend synthetics from the get-go. The Amsoil 2-cycle is good out to a 100:1 ratio. Most guys run it at 80:1 as this gives some room for "mixing errors". Thanks for you interest and questions.
As of last year I started running all my engines on synth straight out of the box,
and if it takes longer to break it in that's all right too.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
As of last year I started running all my engines on synth straight out of the box,
and if it takes longer to break it in that's all right too.
I will bet you haven't had any problems either have you? Do you switch your vehicles over right from the start also?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I run full synthetic in everything I own. No offense but I wouldn't ever put Am[way]sOil in anything I own. Of course, there's a story behind that and since you no longer work for them I feel it's safe to tell it. I was with a buddy a few years ago at the Fall Nationals drag race. My buddy knew a pit crew member who worked on the Amsoil sponsored car. He was showing us around the pits and in the trailer. To my surprise, there was a guy in the trailer swapping out oil. He was pouring Mobil 1 into the Amsoil bottles. I asked why. His response was they had to so people walking by the car in the pits would see them pouring oil into the engine out of an Amsoil bottle. I said, no, that's not what I meant. Why don't you just use the oil that came in the Amsoil bottle? He kinda laughed a little and said they at least want to make it to the end of the track. I was totally shocked. I asked if it were that bad? He said what car do you know of comes factory-filled with Amsoil? He then said I can name 10 cars right now that come factory-filled with Mobil 1 and that there were reasons behind that.
Now, I would never believe this story if I hadn't of saw it with my own eyes but I swear to you it's the truth. I have also read reports on Amsoil and it's quality characteristics and they all have shown how awesome this stuff is. Unfortunately, after more research on the reports I found out they were all supported by Amsoil! WTF is up with that?
Anyway, I prefer to run Klotz premix oil in all my equipment. I know the quality is there plus it smells great.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I run full synthetic in everything I own. No offense but I wouldn't ever put Am[way]sOil in anything I own. Of course, there's a story behind that and since you no longer work for them I feel it's safe to tell it. I was with a buddy a few years ago at the Fall Nationals drag race. My buddy knew a pit crew member who worked on the Amsoil sponsored car. He was showing us around the pits and in the trailer. To my surprise, there was a guy in the trailer swapping out oil. He was pouring Mobil 1 into the Amsoil bottles. I asked why. His response was they had to so people walking by the car in the pits would see them pouring oil into the engine out of an Amsoil bottle. I said, no, that's not what I meant. Why don't you just use the oil that came in the Amsoil bottle? He kinda laughed a little and said they at least want to make it to the end of the track. I was totally shocked. I asked if it were that bad? He said what car do you know of comes factory-filled with Amsoil? He then said I can name 10 cars right now that come factory-filled with Mobil 1 and that there were reasons behind that.

Now, I would never believe this story if I hadn't of saw it with my own eyes but I swear to you it's the truth. I have also read reports on Amsoil and it's quality characteristics and they all have shown how awesome this stuff is. Unfortunately, after more research on the reports I found out they were all supported by Amsoil! WTF is up with that?
Anyway, I prefer to run Klotz premix oil in all my equipment. I know the quality is there plus it smells great.
Is this true??? I get sold on something. Do a quick search on the way out the door and wind up with another question. I was getting tired of coughing up $28.00 for Stihl Ultra 2.5 gal mix per 6 pack and was looking for alternatives and found this.

I guess my dealer will be happy to see me today.