Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
this thread is getting better and better

I wonder how all you tough guys would change your tune when your own rebelious teenage son climbs a fence and gets blown away. With your laws that is a-ok. Oh I know your son would never do that 'cause you raised him right.
exactly! They just dont get it. Its scary that there are so many people with no common sence!

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagguy View Post
If that happened in Texas, it would be referred to a grand jury without charges. If it happened at night, deadly force is justifiable. End of story...at least here. It sucks that all states don't adopt that policy.
Are you kidding in this crappy state we had a guy climb on top of a building, cut through the roof, fall through the hole he cut, sued and won. The liberals here make me want to puke. At least in Texas criminals get what they deserve.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think the guy shold check out the My Castle laws in his state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine
Old 08-27-2008, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_gerrits View Post
Are you kidding in this crappy state we had a guy climb on top of a building, cut through the roof, fall through the hole he cut, sued and won. The liberals here make me want to puke. At least in Texas criminals get what they deserve.
Ah...the land of fruits and nuts. Had the owner been there defending his property, he may have been able to a least beat the guy up. Surely, the case wouldn't go before a jury, after all the owner would be defending his place. But then, that's California....no telling what would happen.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
the correlation is that china by FAR has the swiftest and highest execution rate for convicted crimes in the world. They have swift and harsh punishments for commited crimes. Yet their crime rates are still high. So my point is killing people does not solve the problem. Stripping away human rights with deadly force for petty theft is un acceptable and thats why their are laws against it.
you an absolute idiot....... commited is spelled "committed"......un is "an" you can not be taken seriously with that many misspelled words plus the fact that your numbers are skewed...

In china spitting gum on a sidewalk is considered a criminal offense, walking by a political poster without acknowledging it is consider a serious offense. Walking within 20 feet of a military personal is considered a executable offense. There are so many more.....

Their crime rate is high as there are rules for everything...but in all reality their crime rate is much lower than most major world powers.

In all seriousness you ought to read a little or at least do some research before you allow to your fingers to even move across a keyboard.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
exactly! They just dont get it. Its scary that there are so many people with no common sence!

hahahahaha.. oh my freaking god... SENCE???? what the hell is SENCE...
Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnzone View Post
you an absolute idiot....... commited is spelled "committed"......un is "an" you can not be taken seriously with that many misspelled words plus the fact that your numbers are skewed...

In china spitting gum on a sidewalk is considered a criminal offense, walking by a political poster without acknowledging it is consider a serious offense. Walking within 20 feet of a military personal is considered a executable offense. There are so many more.....

Their crime rate is high as there are rules for everything...but in all reality their crime rate is much lower than most major world powers.

In all seriousness you ought to read a little or at least do some research before you allow to your fingers to even move across a keyboard.
k,

haha ok. im not worried about my spelling or typing skills on lawnsite. Calling people names because you dont agree with thier opinions makes who an idiot? I have already quoted sources and i dont need to do anymore. Another know it all teenager im sure.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Im actually 41 years old. Who happened to spend 5 years in China for work...and please enlighten us on your sources... skewed or not...

and point taken about the names, but I honestly don't think "idiot" is harsh especially since... sorry but your posts are bordering on absurd...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
im not looking for your or anybody elses approval. But here you go.

London - At least 470 people were executed in China last year, making it the highest overall figure for any single country, followed by Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the US, according to Amnesty International's report on Death Sentences and Executions in 2007. The report, published in London, brands China as the "world's top executioner," and says that the true figure for executions in China "is undoubtedly much higher."

"As the world and Olympic guests are left guessing, only the Chinese authorities know exactly how many people have been killed with state authorization," the Amnesty report said

The US executed 42 people in the same time period

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Featured Broker sponsored link
Trading will never be the same.BEIJING, Jan 30 (Reuters) - China reported 4.75 million criminal cases in 2007, roughly the same as 2006, but serious crimes such as detonating explosions and homicides dropped considerably, a senior police official said on Wednesday.

"In general, we are still in a period of a high crime rate, but it has been stable," Wu Heping, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Security, told a news conference.

The number of crimes in China had jumped from over 2 million in the 1990s to more than 4 million around 2000, he said.

The 3.7 million theft, robbery and burglary cases across the country, which dropped only 0.5 percent from 2006, accounted for the bulk of the crimes, Wu said.

Street robbery and burglary have been top public safety concerns for many cities in recent years as breakneck economic growth brings a widening wealth gap.

There were 586 crimes involving explosives and 6,011 arsons in 2007, down 25.2 and 11.3 percent respectively. Homicides were 10.3 percent fewer than in 2006.

A total of 84,000 economic crimes such as tax evasion, fraud and illegal fund raising were reported last year, a 4.2 percent rise from 2006, Wu said, adding some 59,000 crime gangs were cracked.

In 2007, 1,418 people died in 158,000 fires in China, down 11.6 percent from 2006, Wu added.

Chinese police were collecting "all kinds of information" and were paying attention to the "prevention of terrorist attacks" to ensure security for the Olympic Games Beijing hosts in August, Wu said. (Reporting by Guo Shipeng; Editing by Nick Macfie and Katie Nguyen)

From China's own Wu Heping, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Security

SOLO OPERATION