Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-27-2008, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This makes no sense. Two losers steal from a hard working guy and now he suffers because he beat one of em. Sad
Personally, I think this is a better alternative to shooting someone.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats BS. I am curious why its felony assault though. Did he hit the guy with anything besides his fist, feet etc? If not, it should still fall under simple assault, and simple battery, both being misdemeanor charges
Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Member

thief's have rights lol the right to rip u off and then sue u when u beat the crap out of them where r the rights of the owner ummmm there r none welcome to America
Old 07-27-2008, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by white1 View Post
Thats BS. I am curious why its felony assault though. Did he hit the guy with anything besides his fist, feet etc? If not, it should still fall under simple assault, and simple battery, both being misdemeanor charges

More than likely its because of the severity of the beatings. The kid was probably disabled after the first punch and just kept beating him and now is in a coma. Once the threat, which there apparently was none, was over he no has no right to the battery he inflicted. However, he will have a good defense and will likely see little jail time. He wasnt attacked, he was the attacker. Thats the way the law works. The kid deserved the beating though.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
More than likely its because of the severity of the beatings. The kid was probably disabled after the first punch and just kept beating him and now is in a coma. Once the threat, which there apparently was none, was over he no has no right to the battery he inflicted. However, he will have a good defense and will likely see little jail time. He wasnt attacked, he was the attacker. Thats the way the law works. The kid deserved the beating though.
Thats correct, and when questioned buy the police regarding the severity of the beating his response "he got what he deserved" police arrested him on the spot of Felony assault.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's my choice!! I will stand before a judge and explain my action just the same as those equipment steeling basterds would have too, im sure what i would have done to them protect my investments will be justifiable!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

If that happened in Texas, it would be referred to a grand jury without charges. If it happened at night, deadly force is justifiable. End of story...at least here. It sucks that all states don't adopt that policy.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Read and remember this:

My Murder Trial
Old 07-28-2008, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagguy View Post
If that happened in Texas, it would be referred to a grand jury without charges. If it happened at night, deadly force is justifiable. End of story...at least here. It sucks that all states don't adopt that policy.
God bless Texas. I love the (lack) of pedestrian laws down there too, if I ever leave IL, it will be for Texas.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

MY IDEA IS ON THIS, I have a bad boy on the trailer, and one very bad dog in the yard, the dog gets crook meat for lunch , I do have a sign that says beware of dog , if they hurt the dog they are as good as dead, they can get my stuff, but not my pup