Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
LawncareAmericaLLC's Avatar
LawncareAmericaLLC LawncareAmericaLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: casco,Michigan
Posts: 615
we were robbed 4th of july weekend stole a truck, trailer and all equipment out of my yard.($65,000.00 lost) Anyway i went and got my ccw permit and told the michiagn state police that i will shoot first and ask question later if this happens agian. told me that would be the only justice i would get because michigan laws protect criminals better than the people. isnt that messed up. So basiclly he was telling me that somone can break in your yard try to steal my stuff and if i touch him in anyway that i would be charged with a crime.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-28-2008, 07:51 PM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
we were robbed 4th of july weekend stole a truck, trailer and all equipment out of my yard.($65,000.00 lost) Anyway i went and got my ccw permit and told the michiagn state police that i will shoot first and ask question later if this happens agian. told me that would be the only justice i would get because michigan laws protect criminals better than the people. isnt that messed up. So basiclly he was telling me that somone can break in your yard try to steal my stuff and if i touch him in anyway that i would be charged with a crime.
Thats correct. You cannot assult a person unless its self defense. They are stealing not attacking you. I know its frustrating because i too would love to provide them with a new hole.
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Grass Happens's Avatar
Grass Happens Grass Happens is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sycamore, IL
Posts: 682
Like the other guy said, leave no witness, and whose to say it isn't self-defense?
__________________
Mow money, mow problems...
~
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Grass Happens's Avatar
Grass Happens Grass Happens is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sycamore, IL
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
Thats correct. You cannot assult a person unless its self defense. They are stealing not attacking you. I know its frustrating because i too would love to provide them with a new hole.
does this apply when they brake into your house to steal something, or since that's considered home invasion, is that a different story?
"my wife and I were having a fight, so i went worked on my equipment in the trailer to calm down and ended up falling asleep. Next thing I now two guys get into my trailer..."
Does that count as home invasion to, as he was sleeping in the trailer...?
__________________
Mow money, mow problems...
~
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 PM
TXNSLighting's Avatar
TXNSLighting TXNSLighting is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 6,460
What is this world coming to?!! This is killing me reading this! If someone tries to steal what you have busted your *** for, and you defend that by givin him exactly what he deserves, then you get in trouble???!!!??! That is messed up! Here in Texas the law is on our side!!! This has really pissed me off.
__________________
Ryan

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Scagguy Scagguy is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Read and remember this:

My Murder Trial
Sorry bro, that's too long and boring. Texas justice moves faster than anyone could read that piece.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Dunn's's Avatar
Dunn's Dunn's is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In a house, on a street
Posts: 1,548
So I guess no one has seen that new movie felon. Since no one has brung it up.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
topsites topsites is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond Virginia
Posts: 21,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Happens View Post
Like the other guy said, leave no witness, and whose to say it isn't self-defense?
Yeah but anytime there's a murder that's what they all say!
No really officer, honest it was self defense, yes I'm serious.
Yes of course, sure it was.

Don't make the mistake of assuming the police will automatically take the only story there is.
They won't, anytime there is a body a full investigation takes place.
Be it by gun or by hand, whoever attacked could well end up at the very least in a nasty criminal court case.
And he who holds or held the gun is usually also the prime suspect.

And I hate to agree but if they are only stealing WE can not hurt them, not really.
Now there is a way to scare the crap out of someone, just don't leave any marks, you can't kill or maim them thou nobody said anything about just making them think they're going to die
But you can't hurt them, not brutally anyhow, so don't leave no bruises that will show later, hear?
That's about it thou, all you can do is scare the crap out of them.

Last edited by topsites; 07-29-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Hawg City Lawns's Avatar
Hawg City Lawns Hawg City Lawns is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
questionable choice; however their are more & more cases where less than lethal stun guns / Tazers are causing the same physical trauma as a severe case of whoop arse; their is no carry permit or classes for "less than lethal" methods of defense. Today's thief's are "lawyering up" more and more, and the victim is now on trial.
i just now saw a dude going "dont taze me bro" in my head haha
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Chilehead's Avatar
Chilehead Chilehead is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockbridge, GA
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Yeah but anytime there's a murder that's what they all say!
No really officer, honest it was self defense, yes I'm serious.
Yes of course, sure it was.

Don't make the mistake of assuming the police will automatically take the only story there is.
They won't, anytime there is a body a full investigation takes place.
Be it by gun or by hand, whoever attacked could well end up at the very least in a nasty criminal court case.
And he who holds or held the gun is usually also the prime suspect.

And I hate to agree but if they are only stealing WE can not hurt them, not really.
Now there is a way to scare the crap out of someone, just don't leave any marks, you can't kill or maim them thou nobody said anything about just making them think they're going to die
But you can't hurt them, not brutally anyhow, so don't leave no bruises that will show later, hear?
That's about it thou, all you can do is scare the crap out of them.
Just off the top of my head, would a tranquilizer dart be considered "deadly force"? This is an idea close to mine of using pepper spray--provide quick immobilization with no permanent injury. Then there's this idea I remember seeing on an old episode of Matlock: knock the guy out with a huge block of ice. Yes, ice: a weapon of sorts that can disappear without a trace. When he's out "cold" (from the ice-HA!) you drag his carcass to some distant location with a warning letter taped to his chest. If he ever comes back, most likely to do you in, you can then shoot him for threatening your life, and have your satisfaction.
__________________


Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.11019 seconds with 7 queries