Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-29-2008, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic C.O. View Post
What is this world coming to?!! This is killing me reading this! If someone tries to steal what you have busted your *** for, and you defend that by givin him exactly what he deserves, then you get in trouble???!!!??! That is messed up! Here in Texas the law is on our side!!! This has really pissed me off.
Yeah, this thread has me pissed too. I swear I don't know what I would do if someone tried to jack my stuff. It wouldn't be pretty though.

on a side note, do you ever make it down to Granbury much? You oughtta swing by if you ever do. My dealership is on 51N about 4 miles before you get to Granbury. We handle Scag, Bad Boy, Echo, and as of a few days ago, Husqvarna.

The office line is 817.573.3930.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langford2000 View Post
Simple - He should have waited until the mower was being backed off the trailer then stepped behind it. Shot the one on the mower and said the crook was attempting to run him over then the other guy tried to hit him in the head with one of the handheld untis so he shot him as well. Classic case of self defense - two stupid crooks against one hard working armed citizen. Its a sad day in America where someone can infringe on another persons rights then sue that same person for defending themselves. Thats why if the need ever arises to do anything to protect myself I will use only deadly force. Not to sound morbid or Rambo-ish but then there is only one side of the story for the jury to hear.
Awesome !!
Gotta love the states that allow you to protect your property!!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
Just off the top of my head, would a tranquilizer dart be considered "deadly force"?
Don't get me wrong, I never said I wouldn't be all for a tail whooping myself.
I just said you can't do it legally and I think that's the key here, once the perp(s) go to a hospital it's bad news.
Actually it's once the police get involved, but...

Last I checked they don't make the darts for humans so now we'd have to second-guess which animal tranquilizer won't land them in the ER. Well let's see, should we use the elephant or the horse needle? Then again I suppose one could shoot an empty dart if such exists, but almost as well off using a BB gun and that just won't work.

Personally I like pepper spray, it's a bit gay but oh well.
You don't even work up a sweat and there's little or less anyone can say or do over that,
the effect is hard core, but temporary
Old 07-29-2008, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Don't get me wrong, I never said I wouldn't be all for a tail whooping myself.
I just said you can't do it legally and I think that's the key here, once the perp(s) go to a hospital it's bad news.
Actually it's once the police get involved, but...

Last I checked they don't make the darts for humans so now we'd have to second-guess which animal tranquilizer won't land them in the ER. Well let's see, should we use the elephant or the horse needle? Then again I suppose one could shoot an empty dart if such exists, but almost as well off using a BB gun and that just won't work.

Personally I like pepper spray, it's a bit gay but oh well.
You don't even work up a sweat and there's little or less anyone can say or do over that,
the effect is hard core, but temporary
well actually, technically, its stil assult, but less likely of charges being filed.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-29-2008, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
we were robbed 4th of july weekend stole a truck, trailer and all equipment out of my yard.($65,000.00 lost) Anyway i went and got my ccw permit and told the michiagn state police that i will shoot first and ask question later if this happens agian. told me that would be the only justice i would get because michigan laws protect criminals better than the people. isnt that messed up. So basiclly he was telling me that somone can break in your yard try to steal my stuff and if i touch him in anyway that i would be charged with a crime.
You need to move to Texas. You can defend your property here..

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mississippi has laws that allow you to protect your property as well. I know for fact of two or three recent incidents of home intruders being shot and killed in their tracks after they entered or was attempting to enter homes. Not absolutly sure, but I believe the law applies if folks are stealing from your property.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

sorry officer... i yelled stop! dont move! he turned toward me and acted like he was reaching for a gun. look officer... the body even has a gun in its hand.

SFLQPRU President

L.G.U.!
*iowaflag*
:sfl flag:
Old 07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianslawn View Post
sorry officer... i yelled stop! dont move! he turned toward me and acted like he was reaching for a gun. look officer... the body even has a gun in its hand.
I know its easy to make jokes about killing these people and some may actually do it. But you guys need to remember these are fathers, brothers, sons of other people. For an example my father inlaw was abandoned by his family when he was 9. he lived on the streets and was a pick pocket and thief to survive. One day he was caught in the act and pistol whipped untill unconcious. He was lucky he wasnt shot. Well when he got into his twenties he found God, got married and had 4 kids. He worked hard at a real job and all 4 of his kids graduated college with bachelor degrees except my wife who has a masters in computer engineering. Her father is now a minister and ran for govenor of his town. I know its frustrating to deal with thiefs and i dont know what my first reaction would be if i caught one in the act, but it wouldnt be to kill them.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
I know its easy to make jokes about killing these people and some may actually do it. But you guys need to remember these are fathers, brothers, sons of other people. For an example my father inlaw was abandoned by his family when he was 9. he lived on the streets and was a pick pocket and thief to survive. One day he was caught in the act and pistol whipped untill unconcious. He was lucky he wasnt shot. Well when he got into his twenties he found God, got married and had 4 kids. He worked hard at a real job and all 4 of his kids graduated college with bachelor degrees except my wife who has a masters in computer engineering. Her father is now a minister and ran for govenor of his town. I know its frustrating to deal with thiefs and i dont know what my first reaction would be if i caught one in the act, but it wouldnt be to kill them.
That is why there is so much crime. crooks know no one is going to do anything.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I didnt say no one is going to do anything. I just said think twice befor killing. haha All thiefs deserve a good beating or jail time. But dont deserve to die, thats all im saying.

SOLO OPERATION