Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
I didnt say no one is going to do anything. I just said think twice befor killing. haha All thiefs deserve a good beating or jail time. But dont deserve to die, thats all im saying.
I understand what youre saying, and Ive came really close to defending myself with deadly force. The things that run through your head after that.........

However, I WILL do whatever I need to protect myself, children, and family. The way I see it, if someone is stealing my mower, weed eaters, blower etc, he is stealing food out of my childrens mouth, therefore putting them in danger, and would have no problem giving him what he deserves.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by white1 View Post
I understand what youre saying, and Ive came really close to defending myself with deadly force. The things that run through your head after that.........

However, I WILL do whatever I need to protect myself, children, and family. The way I see it, if someone is stealing my mower, weed eaters, blower etc, he is stealing food out of my childrens mouth, therefore putting them in danger, and would have no problem giving him what he deserves.
Yea i get that but a mower, a trimmer, a blower are replacable and human life is not. There have been some great people through out history at ontime made mistakes and lived on to be incredible people. Thats all i am saying.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

How young was the "young thief"? Was he 12, 13, 14?? If so, he deserved a spanking or a slap, and a trip to jail not a trip to the hospital. If he was an older "young thief" then he deserved a smack or two and a trip downtown with the police. If this guy would have punched him and detained him, the cops wouldn't have said a thing. But he decided to whail on a kid - tough guy. Why didn't he simply detain him until police arrived? My image is of a grown man kicking the crap out of a young kid. Not cool.

Everybody talking about protecting their family/stuff by beating the crap out of a kid or shooting someone needs to stop and think about the risks of those actions. This guy put his entire future and his family's welfare at risk by not controlling his anger. There will be a law suit and if the kid dies, LCO will go to jail. An adult should be able to control himself better than this guy did.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Member

To me a kid is most under 25 lol

If I caught a "kid" (teenager) stealing my stuff I would never think of hurting them. Scare the crap out of them, probably call the cops etc. If I go outside and a 25 year old is trying to steal my stuff, all rules are off
Old 07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The only thing I have to wonder is, Was it really necessary to beat the crook so bad that it brook some ribs and he was knocked out?????? I can understand the mans frustration but seriously the crook is going to probably have serious health problems for the rest of his life. I am not saying that what the crook did is right or even standing up for him but I am almost glad that the LCO is behind bars. There are laws and police for a reason, some times the laws suck and the cops are A Holes but that doesn't give us the right to take the law into out own hands. Just my 2 cents

Encore Walkbehinds, Great Dane Surfer
Stihl Trimmers, Blower, Chainsaws
98 Toyota 4-runner
85 Ford F350 Diesel, 10'x 7.5' Dump Bed
94 Bobcat 7753

Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy1285 View Post
The only thing I have to wonder is, Was it really necessary to beat the crook so bad that it brook some ribs and he was knocked out?????? I can understand the mans frustration but seriously the crook is going to probably have serious health problems for the rest of his life. I am not saying that what the crook did is right or even standing up for him but I am almost glad that the LCO is behind bars. There are laws and police for a reason, some times the laws suck and the cops are A Holes but that doesn't give us the right to take the law into out own hands. Just my 2 cents
I'm sorry, he deserved the beating he got. If you're stupid enough to attempt to take someone else's livelihood, you should expect the consequences. It's not like this guy just got randomly beaten.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy1285 View Post
So some crook invaded the mans private space. Trespassed onto his property, with the intent to steal, and or do damage to the equipment that provides this man with an income to feed his family. The man defends HIS property on his property, and youre glad hes behind bars?

IMO its thinking like that that is responsible for the crime rate we have now. IMO its just a privilege of being an American to have the right to defend your property. Maybe this guy went overboard, but he did what he felt was right defending his property.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

IMO its thinking like that that is responsible for the crime rate we have now. IMO its just a privilege of being an American to have the right to defend your property. Maybe this guy went overboard, but he did what he felt was right defending his property.

I don't think anyone has said the kid shouldn't have gotten his tail kicked. We're saying the response was way over the top and to an extreme and he's now risked his families future. There is a prescribed penalty for attempting to steal something or to vandalize something. And brain injury and broken ribs isn't it. A jury is going to award the kid's family some damages. The kid is in ICU and has a "brain related injury". Do you have a clue how much that is going to cost the LCO and the family he was trying to protect? He could have bought dozens of new mowers for what he's going to pay now because he over reacted. He didn't control the situation nor himself. He acted like a thug.

And while you're talking about the crime rate, please consider that the kid's crime was less server than the LCO's. One involved thief/vandalizm and the other involved almost killing someone. If you want to be tough on crime, be tough of all of it, even the crime against people you don't like.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I guess a kid is different depending on where you live.
earlier this year in Philly they had a problem with 10-16 year old kids attacking mugging and killing people in a public park.
It all comes down to the circumstances.
It is always better to detain them ID them have the police come ...press charges. and when it blows over. Hunt them down quietly with no witnesses and beat the crap out them.
oh yeah ...if the parents do nothing or even worse ...try to get them off.
beat them down as well.
or at the very least destroy something of theres that is double the value of what they tried to steal
Old 07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtown View Post
I guess a kid is different depending on where you live.
earlier this year in Philly they had a problem with 10-16 year old kids attacking mugging and killing people in a public park.
It all comes down to the circumstances.
It is always better to detain them ID them have the police come ...press charges. and when it blows over. Hunt them down quietly with no witnesses and beat the crap out them.
Well, thanks for that post!! That's the first one in this stupid thread that made laugh out loud. I'll get off my high-horse long enough to say, you win the thread - best post.