Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-27-2008, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Exmark Lazer AS 52" 28hp Kaw

I have to sell a brand new mower with 50 hours due to going out of business. I bought this new for 8500 plus tax in May and will sell it for payoff of $7900. Mower is Exmark Lazer Advantage series with 52" Ultracut deck and 28 hp Kawasaki. I love this mower. It trims well and can cut large areas with ease. The Ultracut deck is my favorite. The mower is in Richmond, VA and I can assist with delivery and/or shipping. Call for pictures. Matt 804-514-0369.

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. thanks, Mike
Old 07-27-2008, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's unfortunate that your business did not work out. I am sure that you are feeling a little "stung" about that.

You may get "stung" one more time with the sale of this mower. It is very doubtful that you will get close to your asking price at this time of year. $600 off new price for a used mower (even though it has only 50 hours on it) is not enough of an incentive.

Re-evaluate how much you made with this machine and come up with a better price to increrase interest in this mower.

Otherwise, you might end up sitting on a mower that is going to eat up more payments before next spring and be a year old.

I am trying to be helpful - really.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, my business did not fail. I have 27 residential and 4 commercial accounts that pay on time and the only thing I owe money on is this mower. As you can see from my picture, I am a police officer and SWAT member. My department has to approve all secondary employment. I am being transferred to another assignment and they are revoking approval of this secondary employment. Therefore, I have to terminate a successfull business. I don't dare risk continuing after being ordered not to do so, or I will loose that job, too.

Its a bad situation and I am just trying to get out of the mower for what I owe, since I have no way of generating revenue with it.

I appreciate your advice, and I agree with you. Maybe someone would make an offer that is reasonable otherwise.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

have you already stopped servicing the accounts? If you still have them and are thinking of just leaving them, I may know someone that could take over for you...just a thought. Im in Richmond, VA also...well for another 2 weeks!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you still have all the accounts I am interested in purchasing them from you. Just let me know if you would be interested. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcalhoun View Post
It's unfortunate that your business did not work out. I am sure that you are feeling a little "stung" about that.

You may get "stung" one more time with the sale of this mower. It is very doubtful that you will get close to your asking price at this time of year. $600 off new price for a used mower (even though it has only 50 hours on it) is not enough of an incentive.

Re-evaluate how much you made with this machine and come up with a better price to increrase interest in this mower.

Otherwise, you might end up sitting on a mower that is going to eat up more payments before next spring and be a year old.

I am trying to be helpful - really.

I just seen a brand new one with a 60'' deck for 7700