Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-18-2002, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

honda wacker brand compactor

found a broken honda "wacker brand" compactor. We fixed it and it looks to be in great shape. the machine is all there and we are guessing its a 1995+ (serial numbers and decals were scratched off. it has a handle that switches over to both sides. ive seen the city use them for sidewalks. what is something like this worth. i just saw honda and grabbed it and now it runs but i dont have a use for it. i called local dealers and they tried renting me one or selling me a new one. thanks
Old 01-19-2002, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

dlandscaping

Plate tampers can vary in price, but your lookin at about $1000 - $1500 for a new one. That a good find. But I'd be careful, it may have been stolen since there is no numbers left. I am sure you can get off your hands though, if you know someone construction.
Later
Old 01-19-2002, 04:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck, send her my way. What's the HP on the Honda? And what did you have to do to fix it?
Old 01-19-2002, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i believe it is 4-5 hsp. it was loaded into trucks by a skidsteer with forks and the handle and numbers were scratched by this. it did belong to a local contractor. the forks crushed the gas tank and stopped the linkage so it was believedto be junk but i moved the tank up with washers and presto it works
Old 01-20-2002, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Member

good score!

If thats the case then you have got a great find. That contractor must be doin alright if he doesn't care about repairing his stuff. But good for you huh? We use "WACKER" brand here, but I believe they have Brigs motor on them. Guido could answer that better since he tends to salvage ours that get "broke".
HEY GUIDO you there?

By the way, how 'bout those Pats's! Wish I was back there to celebrate with my fellow fans, and maybe with that ref that helped And a little snow fell too I see...

Later...