Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,106
this looks pretty good for powertan!

look at this thing!! haha i found it on rons favorite website!! haha i thought it was pretty cool for a case!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 AM
kreft's Avatar
kreft kreft is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hampstead, MD
Posts: 1,644
Must be pretty hot.

I hear Case makes the best backhoes.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:46 AM
coopers's Avatar
coopers coopers is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 1,179
Yeah, here's more when it was in my State.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Guzman Properties's Avatar
Guzman Properties Guzman Properties is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Middlesex, NJ
Posts: 443
I like the Eagle and the tinted windows, shouldn't be that hot with the a/c on.
__________________
97 Ford F350 PSD

97 Ford F250 351
04 Dump Insert

06 20' American Hauler Falcon
06 10' PJ Trailer 7710G
03 14' Open Trailer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Scag48's Avatar
Scag48 Scag48 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 6,061
After running new models from Cat, Deere, and Case, I liked Case the best with Case controls. The 416E had wobble sticks, which I don't care for. Even though they were in Cat pattern, wobble sticks are so unprecise. The Cat did have the nicest cab and the best loader control, IMO, the ergos were the best in Cat for sure. Deere 310J with joystick controls, pretty sure they were pilots and not E/H, but they lacked a lot of feel. The valving in the pilots needs some tweaking IMO. Could run the hoe balls out all day, but no resistance in the sticks at all. Deere cab was nice as well, A/C was ridiculously good. The 580M I liked the best, would like to run a SuperM with extendahoe for comparison. The Deere did have the best torque rise out of them all, you could almost idle through a pile when backfilling a trench. The Case felt like you had to wind that Cummins up to rocket ship status or she wouldn't get through the pile, even in first gear. However, I think Case builds a pretty decent hoe. I also spent some time on a 580L that nobody else liked, I loved it. It was broken in enough, had just enough pin and bushing wear to really sling the bucket into the trench. And that old Cummins gave hell when backfilling.

The 50th anniversary 580 is definately awesome, wish I could have seen it in person.
__________________

Go hard, go fast, or go home

Last edited by Scag48; 08-01-2008 at 04:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-01-2008, 05:40 AM
BIGBEN2004's Avatar
BIGBEN2004 BIGBEN2004 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Woodsboro, Maryland
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
After running new models from Cat, Deere, and Case, I liked Case the best with Case controls. The 416E had wobble sticks, which I don't care for. Even though they were in Cat pattern, wobble sticks are so unprecise. The Cat did have the nicest cab and the best loader control, IMO, the ergos were the best in Cat for sure. Deere 310J with joystick controls, pretty sure they were pilots and not E/H, but they lacked a lot of feel. The valving in the pilots needs some tweaking IMO. Could run the hoe balls out all day, but no resistance in the sticks at all. Deere cab was nice as well, A/C was ridiculously good. The 580M I liked the best, would like to run a SuperM with extendahoe for comparison. The Deere did have the best torque rise out of them all, you could almost idle through a pile when backfilling a trench. The Case felt like you had to wind that Cummins up to rocket ship status or she wouldn't get through the pile, even in first gear. However, I think Case builds a pretty decent hoe. I also spent some time on a 580L that nobody else liked, I loved it. It was broken in enough, had just enough pin and bushing wear to really sling the bucket into the trench. And that old Cummins gave hell when backfilling.

The 50th anniversary 580 is definately awesome, wish I could have seen it in person.
One of the best things about Case is if you had taken all three out on the road. On the hills the Deere and Cat will slow down to a crawl where the Case will power up almost any hill with out slowing any. I have ran Cat 316's and Deere 310's that would slow down to the point I could have gotten out and jogged faster but every Case I have ever ran continues full speed up the hills.
__________________
O-ne
B-ig
A-ss
M-istake
A-merica

Buck Ofama

2002 Chevy 3500 D/A
2008 Takeuchi TL130
2008 18' Cam Superline Overdeck Trailer
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,106
i run a 430d cat backhoe at work sometimes..and i love the cab and the a/c works great but like you said scag the loader controls have no feeling.. you kinda have to go off of what view you had and that was of the corner of the bucket kinda like a dozer.. but it had pilot controls on the backhoe itself and they seem kinda slow to respond i dont know why they just seem that way, IMO but the only other backhoe i have been on is a deere and it was just a plain jane one with no cab and i really liked the loader control on it though.. they seemed like you could actually feel what the loader was doin..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
oakhillslandscaping oakhillslandscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson NH
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
i run a 430d cat backhoe at work sometimes..and i love the cab and the a/c works great but like you said scag the loader controls have no feeling.. you kinda have to go off of what view you had and that was of the corner of the bucket kinda like a dozer.. but it had pilot controls on the backhoe itself and they seem kinda slow to respond i dont know why they just seem that way, IMO but the only other backhoe i have been on is a deere and it was just a plain jane one with no cab and i really liked the loader control on it though.. they seemed like you could actually feel what the loader was doin..
the NH loader backhoe has a good loader control and the pilots on the hoe are also very responsive however im not a fan of the auto level which is in almost every LB from any make now a days but the view from the cab of a NH is not that good cat and case have better views in my opinion but that is a sweet lookin case
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,106
what do you mean auto level? not quite sure what you mean?
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
kreft's Avatar
kreft kreft is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hampstead, MD
Posts: 1,644
Can you purchase that model?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.11693 seconds with 8 queries