Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-01-2008, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

this looks pretty good for powertan!

look at this thing!! haha i found it on rons favorite website!! haha i thought it was pretty cool for a case!
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Must be pretty hot.

I hear Case makes the best backhoes.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, here's more when it was in my State.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2008, 02:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Eagle and the tinted windows, shouldn't be that hot with the a/c on.

97 Ford F250 351
04 Dump Insert

06 20' American Hauler Falcon
06 10' PJ Trailer 7710G
03 14' Open Trailer
Old 08-01-2008, 04:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

After running new models from Cat, Deere, and Case, I liked Case the best with Case controls. The 416E had wobble sticks, which I don't care for. Even though they were in Cat pattern, wobble sticks are so unprecise. The Cat did have the nicest cab and the best loader control, IMO, the ergos were the best in Cat for sure. Deere 310J with joystick controls, pretty sure they were pilots and not E/H, but they lacked a lot of feel. The valving in the pilots needs some tweaking IMO. Could run the hoe balls out all day, but no resistance in the sticks at all. Deere cab was nice as well, A/C was ridiculously good. The 580M I liked the best, would like to run a SuperM with extendahoe for comparison. The Deere did have the best torque rise out of them all, you could almost idle through a pile when backfilling a trench. The Case felt like you had to wind that Cummins up to rocket ship status or she wouldn't get through the pile, even in first gear. However, I think Case builds a pretty decent hoe. I also spent some time on a 580L that nobody else liked, I loved it. It was broken in enough, had just enough pin and bushing wear to really sling the bucket into the trench. And that old Cummins gave hell when backfilling.

The 50th anniversary 580 is definately awesome, wish I could have seen it in person.

Go hard, go fast, or go home

Last edited by Scag48; 08-01-2008 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
After running new models from Cat, Deere, and Case, I liked Case the best with Case controls. The 416E had wobble sticks, which I don't care for. Even though they were in Cat pattern, wobble sticks are so unprecise. The Cat did have the nicest cab and the best loader control, IMO, the ergos were the best in Cat for sure. Deere 310J with joystick controls, pretty sure they were pilots and not E/H, but they lacked a lot of feel. The valving in the pilots needs some tweaking IMO. Could run the hoe balls out all day, but no resistance in the sticks at all. Deere cab was nice as well, A/C was ridiculously good. The 580M I liked the best, would like to run a SuperM with extendahoe for comparison. The Deere did have the best torque rise out of them all, you could almost idle through a pile when backfilling a trench. The Case felt like you had to wind that Cummins up to rocket ship status or she wouldn't get through the pile, even in first gear. However, I think Case builds a pretty decent hoe. I also spent some time on a 580L that nobody else liked, I loved it. It was broken in enough, had just enough pin and bushing wear to really sling the bucket into the trench. And that old Cummins gave hell when backfilling.

The 50th anniversary 580 is definately awesome, wish I could have seen it in person.
One of the best things about Case is if you had taken all three out on the road. On the hills the Deere and Cat will slow down to a crawl where the Case will power up almost any hill with out slowing any. I have ran Cat 316's and Deere 310's that would slow down to the point I could have gotten out and jogged faster but every Case I have ever ran continues full speed up the hills.
M-istake
A-merica

Buck Ofama

2002 Chevy 3500 D/A
2008 Takeuchi TL130
2008 18' Cam Superline Overdeck Trailer
Old 08-01-2008, 07:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i run a 430d cat backhoe at work sometimes..and i love the cab and the a/c works great but like you said scag the loader controls have no feeling.. you kinda have to go off of what view you had and that was of the corner of the bucket kinda like a dozer.. but it had pilot controls on the backhoe itself and they seem kinda slow to respond i dont know why they just seem that way, IMO but the only other backhoe i have been on is a deere and it was just a plain jane one with no cab and i really liked the loader control on it though.. they seemed like you could actually feel what the loader was doin..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
i run a 430d cat backhoe at work sometimes..and i love the cab and the a/c works great but like you said scag the loader controls have no feeling.. you kinda have to go off of what view you had and that was of the corner of the bucket kinda like a dozer.. but it had pilot controls on the backhoe itself and they seem kinda slow to respond i dont know why they just seem that way, IMO but the only other backhoe i have been on is a deere and it was just a plain jane one with no cab and i really liked the loader control on it though.. they seemed like you could actually feel what the loader was doin..
the NH loader backhoe has a good loader control and the pilots on the hoe are also very responsive however im not a fan of the auto level which is in almost every LB from any make now a days but the view from the cab of a NH is not that good cat and case have better views in my opinion but that is a sweet lookin case
Old 08-01-2008, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

what do you mean auto level? not quite sure what you mean?

Quote:

Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you purchase that model?