Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I got a new man oven!! (Weber Genesis)

Its my birthday so everyone in my family pulled together and purchased a new grill for me. Coming from a tiny $99 dollar CharBroil this grill is like a Mercedes! I cooked steaks yesterday as soon as I finished assembling and running for a few minutes to remove factory protective oils. I have to say this thing cooks fast, much faster than any grill I have ever used...my steaks came out a bit over done but I am VERY happy with the Weber and just have to get used to cooking on it.

I thank my family for such a great and much needed gift.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice! As far as the steaks getting done too fast, - you'll get it dialed in. Just call and tell us if we should bring some potato salad or something else.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Nice! As far as the steaks getting done too fast, - you'll get it dialed in. Just call and tell us if we should bring some potato salad or something else.
Yeah, gonna do some burgers and chicken tonight to get a little more experience with it for the upcoming weekend. I will be grilling for a few guests and plan to do a few racks of ribs and a couple whole chickens. This will be my first time ever cooking baby backs on a grill, normally I use my smoker which works very well (Its also gas)but is the model previous to this one. I have cooked some tasty stuff on my smoker, ribs, briskets, chicken, turkey, beef jerky, pork loins, and pork butts...all of which have turned out very well.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 08-04-2008, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread makes me hungry!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

tht thng is sweet!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 08-04-2008, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice setup. Webers cook differently than regular gas grills. They are more like a real oven than a grill. Takes some getting used to but well worth it.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Yeah, gonna do some burgers and chicken tonight to get a little more experience with it for the upcoming weekend. I will be grilling for a few guests and plan to do a few racks of ribs and a couple whole chickens. This will be my first time ever cooking baby backs on a grill, normally I use my smoker which works very well (Its also gas)but is the model previous to this one. I have cooked some tasty stuff on my smoker, ribs, briskets, chicken, turkey, beef jerky, pork loins, and pork butts...all of which have turned out very well.
Alright,..you can KNOCK IT OFF now! lol (my stomach's growling)

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice grill! My dad just got the exact same one about 2 weeks ago, it's sweet. He said he got some mesquite chips to burn in it too. He loves the thing, broke it in at my sister's graduation party...Good luck with it!

CH
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

those steaks didnt happen to be KC strips did they??? Those would cook great on that!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just cooked some angus burgers (sorry no pictures, when I turned around they were gone!!) from a small country store up the road...man were they good, I toasted the buns (On the grill)! This store is the last place you would expect to get fresh ground angus burgers but it really is good...it took me several years before I would buy anything like burgers from them but after I got over the small store fear I was in love with these burgers (They call them steak burgers)!!

You are right about how a Weber cooks bmh1202, it really does cook different and is very similar to an oven.

Suggestions on what I should cook tomorrow (Hour or less please)? I will take pictures this time.

Last edited by cgaengineer; 08-04-2008 at 09:17 PM.