Register free!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, and I have

If the lawn is out of control with dog crap due to obvious neglect, I figure they probably won't even notice if their dog crap is decaying at their front door. My problem is I don't like tracking dog crap into my nice truck...it stinks it up. That ain't right. Plus there's a disease issue. I've sprayed my boots off with my spray guns before, but .........we dont carry water in our tanks (if you know what I mean).
't
[QUOTE=phasthound;2454012]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Yo

The world doesn't revolve around me and I am in the service business. Therefore I give service and move the valuable equipment left on the Home owners OWN property if it is in my way.

QUOTE]

Holy crap!!!!! I agree with you Ric.

We are in the service business. As soon as you forget we serve at the customers pleasure, it's time to find another line of work. Maybe working for the government.

We make our living by making our clients yards beautiful and useful for our paying clients.

Moving clients property is courteous and should be respected. Disrespect them & they have every right to fire you. There is always another lawn care company.

Charge a little more, provide great service, be successful.

Larry, as far as dog crap goes, a quick rinse with the hose (theirs or yours) and it's gone. Somehow I really can't picture you wiping it on the front step.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Larry, just busting on ya, buddy.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

no sh$t you ashwad LOL

I know that. Might run out of Mosquito Barrier soon. (got 3 to spray tomorrow) I'll be buying from you from now on. Also, we're still considering your fert formulations. Your Iowa bud, Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Larry, just busting on ya, buddy.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE=phasthound;2454012]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Yo

The world doesn't revolve around me and I am in the service business. Therefore I give service and move the valuable equipment left on the Home owners OWN property if it is in my way.

QUOTE]

Holy crap!!!!! I agree with you Ric.

We are in the service business. As soon as you forget we serve at the customers pleasure, it's time to find another line of work. Maybe working for the government.

We make our living by making our clients yards beautiful and useful for our paying clients.

Moving clients property is courteous and should be respected. Disrespect them & they have every right to fire you. There is always another lawn care company.

Charge a little more, provide great service, be successful.

Larry, as far as dog crap goes, a quick rinse with the hose (theirs or yours) and it's gone. Somehow I really can't picture you wiping it on the front step.
I'll say it again... for weekly mowing, it's a different issue. They KNOW when I'm coming...they leave all sorts of stuff out...sprinkler and hoses, toys, dog turds, lawn chairs, tables, basketball hoops, even freakin Maypoles! Spraying trips... different story.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Whitey: I feel your pain. Using a W/B it's easy enough for me to kick things as I ride by on the sulky. If it were bad enough that it were significantly affecting my time on the lawn on a consistent basis, I'd likely just suck it up until fall and then jack their price up accordingly.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey4 View Post
I was talking from a mowing standpoint... when they KNOW what day and even what time I come every week. Treatments are a different issue. At least I haven't put any dog turds on their backyard tables.
That's a good one...............maybe next time I carefully lift it up from the grass and place one on the table, one in each of their chairs, and 8" out directly in front of the back door.

Its a great aroma when we split through some freshly laid ones when the Arkansas temp is hoovering right at 100 and the humidity is so close behind and there is no wind............CALM WIND.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Whitey4;2454311]
Quote:

I'll say it again... for weekly mowing, it's a different issue. They KNOW when I'm coming...they leave all sorts of stuff out...sprinkler and hoses, toys, dog turds, lawn chairs, tables, basketball hoops, even freakin Maypoles! Spraying trips... different story.
Here's a wonderful story from my friendly state of NJ.
http://www.landscapeonline.com:80/re.../article/11005

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

[QUOTE=phasthound;2455112][QUOTE=Whitey4;2454311]

Here's a wonderful story from my friendly state of NJ. ]

But the good news is WE HAVE BRETT!!!

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=Whitey4;2454311]
Quote:

Sorry!

Regardless if you are there every Monday morning at exactly 10.39 AM you are still the LAWN BOY, get used to it. People are going to be people and that is why they pay you, so they don't have to worry about it. If you want people kissing your Butt? Go back to school and be a Doctor.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE=Ric;2455223]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey4 View Post

Sorry!

Regardless if you are there every Monday morning at exactly 10.39 AM you are still the LAWN BOY, get used to it. People are going to be people and that is why they pay you, so they don't have to worry about it. If you want people kissing your Butt? Go back to school and be a Doctor.
Yack away all you want, but I'm not moving basketball hoops with backboards around... if you thing that is part of YOUR job, then fine... makes you a moving man.....