Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-12-2000, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone else in Chicago area have a showroom like Russo's? Even someone 1/3 the size?<br>For those of you who are not familiar, Russo's is an old hardware store that has grown to service the maintenance industry. You walk in the door and a clerk goes around the store & warehouse with you assembling your order, whether it is $100 or $100,000. Clerk doesn't leave you until your order is paid & loaded into your truck. <br>They have almost everything you need for business all in one place, and all in stock. Rare to find a brick & mortar supplier with so much, and the prices are super because of their volume.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>South Bend, IN
Old 01-12-2000, 01:25 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Hi Jim, No, I haven't heard of anything like that. I guess the closest to that would be Lesco. You can drive in and get what you need, they load it up, and away you go. This last part was for people not familiar with Lesco. It sounds like a good concept Jim, but none in my area at least. Have you seen anything like this Ashland? If so, where is it?<p>----------<br>Eric@ELM<br>http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/index.html
Old 01-12-2000, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric:<br>The address is Russo Power Equipment, <br>5848 West Montrose Avenue, Chicago, IL 60634, phone (773) 777-1058. <br>They don't carry the fert & chem that Lesco has, but their tools, parts,& equipment selection and pricing blows the socks off of any Lesco store I've been in. Anyone starting a business within 200 mi of this store would be well advised to spend a day going there this winter.<br> <br><p>----------<br>Jim<br>South Bend, IN
Old 01-12-2000, 07:54 PM
Banned

Hey Frank and Tony are 2 great guys they have a great place downin chicago. Jim have you been to the new building? They do carry fert. and chem. mostly scotts pro but have others in stock as well. They also carry deicers in stock large number. As far as price goes only couple others in area can meet their prices the closest dealer that competes with them is in Arilington Heights called Arilington Power Equipment they are matching or beating Russo prices. But Russo has anything you need all in one place.
Old 01-13-2000, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They're 3 1/2 hours away and we buy from them all the time. They are unique in the industry.
Old 01-13-2000, 04:16 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This is good information to hear. I'll check into it. Thanks a lot for letting me know.<p>----------<br>Eric@ELM<br>http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/index.html