Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-07-2008, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Kansas lawn thread!

I know we have a KC thread and i do live in Overland Park. But what about the other guys who live out in Central, Western and Souhtern KS. We cant leave them out. So lets make this the official kansas thread. If this fails then oh well...if it suceeds then great.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Topeka here. Have a Fence, Lawn & Landscape business. Am also a full time as well as part time and volunteer Firefighter (3 different departments involved). Needless to say I do pass my wife in the hallway at home occasionally! I have been to Overland Park Fire and participated in some of their training. Outstanding, top notch department you have there!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis-Outdoor View Post
Topeka here. Have a Fence, Lawn & Landscape business. Am also a full time as well as part time and volunteer Firefighter (3 different departments involved). Needless to say I do pass my wife in the hallway at home occasionally! I have been to Overland Park Fire and participated in some of their training. Outstanding, top notch department you have there!
really? TFD i pressume??? I live in Kansas City obvisouly. Volly.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Actually not at TFD. My full time job is at the Airport (Forbes Field) on the Police and Fire Dept. I also work part time for a Fire Dept. in the SW part of the county. I also volunteer for a rural dept. in western Shawnee County that also contracts over into Wabaunsee County. Always a call somewhere it seems! Do you volunteer at OPFD or one of the other cities in JOCO ?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just submitted apps to De Soto and JOCO Fire Dist. #1. I expect to get on with De Soto within the next two weeks.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi, I'm another Topeka LCO here. I spent about 18 years in the corporate world, got fed up and started a full time lawn care biz a few years ago. I am in my 5th year now. I know we have another part time LCO (H&H) because he contacted me the other day regarding my Toro walk behinds that I am getting ready to sell.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfireman09 View Post
I know we have a KC thread and i do live in Overland Park. But what about the other guys who live out in Central, Western and Souhtern KS. We cant leave them out. So lets make this the official kansas thread. If this fails then oh well...if it suceeds then great.
Hi!!!KCfireman09, I am new to this lawn maintenance
business and planning on going out mow...Now, I am do 15 yards just around my subdivision using 21' Craftsman push mower, Stihl weed eater and Stihl back pack blower in the spring of 09 I want to go out and really try to get more account....need new mower and wanting a 36' for resident only for now what u think I should get and can not afford to get a brand new one just want some use that I can afford for now and later work my way up....I am solo...Don't have a clue about mowers and the one that will make a good stripe....Thanks....
Old 08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnbiz Jeff View Post
Hi, I'm another Topeka LCO here. I spent about 18 years in the corporate world, got fed up and started a full time lawn care biz a few years ago. I am in my 5th year now. I know we have another part time LCO (H&H) because he contacted me the other day regarding my Toro walk behinds that I am getting ready to sell.
I've been to Topeka a lot for racing and other purposes. I pass through it a lot too on the way to K-State football games. How is the city? How is the Crime?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I grew up in OP/Olathe. I was in Lawn care & Landscaping there for around 30 years before taking my "act" on the road. Been gone now for around 6 years.
Go Jayhawks!!!
-Taj Mahal-
Old 08-12-2008, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TforTexas View Post
I grew up in OP/Olathe. I was in Lawn care & Landscaping there for around 30 years before taking my "act" on the road. Been gone now for around 6 years.
Go Jayhawks!!!
Alright we got a Jayhawks fan!!!!!!!!!! No way were gonna repeat what we did last year in basketball and football but who cares.