Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-10-2008, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Has anyone used Cimmaron or Ally.

I am having alot of problems with Bahia in my lawns. I called and found a very similiar product as Lesco Manor called Cimmaron. It is about 1/4 the cost. Has anyone used it, if so what are some of the pros and cons?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cimmaron is labeled for pasture use only. The rate they suggest is not quite what is needed to manage bahia in a mowed turf. 0.33 oz of metsulfuron per acre is not the same as the 0.5-1 oz you are allowed if this were Blade or Manor. Cimmaron is also prepackaged with a 2,4-D/dicamba liquid that is not labeled for lawn use. Or Cimmaron is a premix with chlorsulfuron , that you do not need to be spraying. It is not needed unless you are trying to also kill tall fescue and again it is not labeled.

Blade or Manor is a very effective herbicide for removal of various weeds from warm season grasses. It is not to be used on drought stressed lawns or lawns that are not adequately fertilized. You had better be using this through a callibrated boom sprayer or there is a great risk of killing more than planned.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

I appreciate the input. Very helpful. Cimmaron was recommended by the local extension agent. However, he may nnot have understood everything about this product. What company makes Blade?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is a PBI Gordon product. I have heard of some wacky recomendations too. Like Remedy(triclopyr ester) on bermuda for control of broadleaf weeds. Triclopyr is normally suggested if you want to eventually destroy bermuda.