Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-25-2008, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As the owner and chief engineer of our company, I can attest that the overwhelming majority >90% of our product's content is American-made. Something's simply can no longer be purchased domestically (those industries have already been wiped-out). But, wherever possible, we buy American- even if it costs more.

It should be obvious what's happening; they're buying our markets- plain and simple. In just the same way that there's no such thing (in reality) as a $379 Walmart flat-screen, there's also no such thing as a $1700 48" dual hydro mower. That won't even cover the direct material costs. But, if the Chinese government subsidizes their industries (let's them operate at a loss for a few years), they can systematically destroy any competition. It's a real simple, zero-sum, winner-take-all form of predatory "gang-bang" Commu-capitalism. Economic warfare at its ugliest. And, the thing that really grinds my gears, is we have stab-your-Mother-for-a-buck "American importers" willingly enabling these Mao-ists. I hope their profits turn to "ashes in their mouth"- Traitors.

Time to support OUR country for a change.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDesign1 View Post
But, wherever possible, we buy American- even if it costs more.

Time to support OUR country for a change.
What a load of bull....

You could be using Kohler AMERICAN MADE AND OWNED Kohler engines instead of those Kawasaki engines where all of the profits head straight back to Tokyo.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

RM:

I agree- Engines are a problem. When Kohler builds an engine that's competitive (in our class) to the Kawasaki's, we'll feature it in a heartbeat. We have infact added a Kohler to our lineup for '09 along with our domestic-sourced Briggs.

Something I find ironic; the Kawasakis are built with American labor in Marysville, Missouri. Briggs' Vanguard v-twins are all built by Daihatsu in Osaka Japan (and cost 20% more). Go figure.

If my money has to leave the country, I'd rather it go to a civilized nation like Japan, than to a bunch of heathen Communists.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
... Prosperity is created one of three ways: Farming, Mining or Manufacturing. Everything else exists (economically) because of those three things. Kill any one of 'em and there's no money to pay for "services". ...
Gary is absolutely right !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 11-25-2008, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
... When Kohler builds an engine that's competitive (in our class) to the Kawasaki's, we'll feature it in a heartbeat. We have infact added a Kohler to our lineup for '09 along with our domestic-sourced Briggs. ...
Gary -- Could you please elaborate on what characteristics you would need for Kohler engines to be "competitive" for you ?
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
Old 11-26-2008, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGServicesINC View Post
Hey all.
Been in business for a while now, and wanted to know the other pros opinions on Red Hawk Mowers.
I use Ferris and Exmark, just wanted to know what others think of Red Hawk.
They look alot like Dixon Industries and the eariler Exmarks.
Thanks

mark
2 words; CHINA CRAP!

if any one buys one they will when it craps out and be like

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

http://www.givemeliberty.org/
Old 11-26-2008, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetree View Post
Gary -- Could you please elaborate on what characteristics you would need for Kohler engines to be "competitive" for you ?
Kohler builds a great engine and I've been a fan for thirty years, but most of their products are geared toward larger HP riders. I can't build a 36" mower with a 20HP engine.

We've added a 16 Courage to our lineup for '09 and believe it to be an excellent product (for a single-cylinder). But Kohler's smaller HP stuff (Command) is all single-cylinder (not as smooth) and TOO HEAVY... I can't offer them on our flagship, premium line. It'd be a grade-down from Kawasaki.

Gimme a 70 pound, smooth, quiet 15-16HP Kohler twin at a competitive price and we'll have it fitted in thirty days.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I find it interesting that Garry admits to using foreing made paarts to be assembled in the US, but, condemns another company for doing the same thing. I am in Ohio, So are the headquarters for the US operations of RedHawk. With all of the manufacturing jobs that have been lost in Ohio (3200 in the last year in my metro area) I am going to do everything I can to support goods assembled/manufactured in Ohio.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Kohler builds a great engine and I've been a fan for thirty years, but most of their products are geared toward larger HP riders. I can't build a 36" mower with a 20HP engine. ...
Actually, you probably could ... might even sell alot of them !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
... We've added a 16 Courage to our lineup for '09 and believe it to be an excellent product (for a single-cylinder). But Kohler's smaller HP stuff (Command) is all single-cylinder (not as smooth) and TOO HEAVY... I can't offer them on our flagship, premium line. It'd be a grade-down from Kawasaki.

Gimme a 70 pound, smooth, quiet 15-16HP Kohler twin at a competitive price and we'll have it fitted in thirty days.
Thanks for the explanation ... it makes sense to me !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB