Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2009, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I hate mowers and politics. I want to make money!!!! Max profit, low overhead. Don't bother me about anything else.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoftamazon View Post
I hate mowers and politics. I want to make money!!!! Max profit, low overhead. Don't bother me about anything else.
Talk about sticking your head in the sand ... politics is part of everything !! Anyway, why did you bother resurrecting a thread that's over a year old ??
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 12-25-2009, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had a 48" belt drive Red hawk for 5 years and it still runs fine. It kind of reminds me of the older scag units.

I also have a Dixon ZTR , which I think was made in the US, but who knows anymore.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=lifetree;3334421]Talk about sticking your head in the sand ... politics is part of everything !! Anyway, why did you bother resurrecting a thread that's over a year old ?? [/QU
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2009, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a world lawn mower #28 inch deck a few months ago and it was stolen. I needed a larger machine than a 21 that would be productive. The mower did a great job.
Yes it was not a total commercial mower. This mower was less than half the cost of a better quick dually 32. I replaced it with the Quick. I just looking forward to American doing me proud over china.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuacro View Post
I bought a world lawn mower #28 inch deck a few months ago and it was stolen. I needed a larger machine than a 21 that would be productive. The mower did a great job.
Yes it was not a total commercial mower. This mower was less than half the cost of a better quick dually 32. I replaced it with the Quick. I just looking forward to American doing me proud over china.
So which mower leaves the nicest finish cut for small lawns, the 21", 28" or the 32" ?
Old 12-27-2009, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishboy View Post
So which mower leaves the nicest finish cut for small lawns, the 21", 28" or the 32" ?
The short time I had the 28" it cut great. Mulching was very good on weekly lawns. Took about 2 minutes to change from side discharge to mulch. It save me about 20% mow time. I would have used it as my primary mower.
I have not used the 32" mowing yet. I bought it on the year end sale. I went this route to have a back-up for the 21" and 42" walker.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Since someone else necroposted....
My first commercial mower was a 98 model Bunton belt drive 36 with a 13HP Kohler (after 11 years it finally threw a rod in Sept while doing duty at my church). I donated it to the church in 2008.

That mower was a heavy brute that ran great. I wanted another 36 and found a 2007 model Redhawk with less than 20 hours on it for under $1000. The thing is, had you painted it green and slapped a Bunton sticker on it, I would have never known the difference. It has a Kohler Pro 15 on it.

So far it has performed without fail and cuts very well. I would consider a hydro version without hesitation. The only flaw I have found is that it will sometime jump the left traction belt when backing it off the trailer. Can't find a cause, and it doesn't happen every time.

As my accounts grow, it (and my toro 48 wb) will be moved to backup status and I will only run hydros.

Google "redhawk" and find out how many LCOs are praising them.

www.shelbylawnenforcement.com

My stuff: black truck pulling a trailer with lawn equipment in it

Stop Lowballing!! http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7898
Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

lifetree is right! DIXON,PIRHANA,BRADLEY ARE ALL THE SAME MOWER JSUT DIFFENRENT COLR AND NAME BUT THE SAME PARTS!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

still a chinese death to america mower, reguardless of what parts are on it, it is chinese steel and chinese profits. some of you care too much about saving the mighty dollar that you short change your own country over and over again. it realy is that simple guys. go ahead, buy everything that is super cheap, chinese children depend on you!