Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2751  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 PM
TriCityLawnCareLLC's Avatar
TriCityLawnCareLLC TriCityLawnCareLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 989
Brad,
On your HRX217's, i saw a few threads back that you were putting new gears and wheels in. Was there something wrong with the old ones? Only reason i ask is I'm probably going to be picking up a HRX this week and I'm just doing my research before i buy. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2752  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 PM
TriCityLawnCareLLC's Avatar
TriCityLawnCareLLC TriCityLawnCareLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 989
Also, how do you like the HRX217? What have found to be the pros/cons?
Reply With Quote
  #2753  
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Brad,
On your HRX217's, i saw a few threads back that you were putting new gears and wheels in. Was there something wrong with the old ones? Only reason i ask is I'm probably going to be picking up a HRX this week and I'm just doing my research before i buy. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Also, how do you like the HRX217? What have found to be the pros/cons?
I love the HRX217s best 21" IMO they are great baggers and do great on hills I have alot of hours on both of mine. The gears sometimes were out Only one was real bad out of all 4 on the 2 mowers but I replaced all 4 gears and 4 new back tires. I had replaced one gear 2 years ago. They other weak point is the hydro control cable and they are a bit complicated to replace but one guy on here has a good write up. I think I replaced 3 out of the 2 mowers over the last 6-7 years. I did one and had a dealer do 2. havent done one in a while so hopefully they keep holding up. Otherwise they are great mowers and can take a beating thats for sure
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #2754  
Old 03-02-2012, 09:19 AM
metro36's Avatar
metro36 metro36 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,338
Brad, Where did you get the tow mirrors for the Dmax. I asked the dealer about them and he said they cost about $900. I havent really looked around online yet but I really need a set for my GMC. The small stock ones drive me crazy when im towing.
__________________
More equipment then I know what to do with.
Reply With Quote
  #2755  
Old 03-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Potomac Lawns Inc.'s Avatar
Potomac Lawns Inc. Potomac Lawns Inc. is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Brad, Where did you get the tow mirrors for the Dmax. I asked the dealer about them and he said they cost about $900. I havent really looked around online yet but I really need a set for my GMC. The small stock ones drive me crazy when im towing.
I would try here http://www.1aauto.com/ they have them for my 03 chevy
Reply With Quote
  #2756  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Brad, Where did you get the tow mirrors for the Dmax. I asked the dealer about them and he said they cost about $900. I havent really looked around online yet but I really need a set for my GMC. The small stock ones drive me crazy when im towing.
Got those ones at discount auto mirrors.com You will save alot over the dealer and they make the truck look 100 times better
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #2757  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 PM
metro36's Avatar
metro36 metro36 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
Got those ones at discount auto mirrors.com You will save alot over the dealer and they make the truck look 100 times better
Thanks Did you have to paint them? The ones for my truck say primered plastic. Also did yours have the built in turn signals. I dont think my truck is wired for those.
__________________
More equipment then I know what to do with.

Last edited by metro36; 03-02-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2758  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 PM
deerewashed's Avatar
deerewashed deerewashed is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wilton ct
Posts: 879
Hey brad, Really old question, but i am looking to do dual yellow top optima batteries and am wondering if you upgraded you alternator, and if you used any solenoid? I feel like i could just run it direct without a flux capacitor or solenoid or isolator. Thanks and from one dmax owner to another...Nice Truck!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2759  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
deerewashed's Avatar
deerewashed deerewashed is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wilton ct
Posts: 879
just realized you used both duralast golds and red tops? which one do you like better and are you satisfied with the red tops to the point where yellows arent worth it?
Reply With Quote
  #2760  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Thanks Did you have to paint them? The ones for my truck say primered plastic. Also did yours have the built in turn signals. I dont think my truck is wired for those.
No they came black plastic and no I didn't have the turn signal but mine for the dmax are power and heated
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
Hey brad, Really old question, but i am looking to do dual yellow top optima batteries and am wondering if you upgraded you alternator, and if you used any solenoid? I feel like i could just run it direct without a flux capacitor or solenoid or isolator. Thanks and from one dmax owner to another...Nice Truck!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
just realized you used both duralast golds and red tops? which one do you like better and are you satisfied with the red tops to the point where yellows arent worth it?
I had the duralasts in my half ton and never had a problem but still think optima is better. I have red tops and unless you have a diesel redtops will be fine. I do upgrade alternators didnt on the dump because it has a bigger one but I probably will someday as preventitive maintenance. I wired them together and fused the postive on the dump i actually used a more of a breaker switch rather that a big fuse.To get the most out of them you should also ground to the frame and run another wire from the alternator but I normally don't do that.
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.09512 seconds with 8 queries