Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2761  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:46 PM
deerewashed's Avatar
deerewashed deerewashed is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wilton ct
Posts: 879
mind telling me what your breaker switch method is? is there one in particular that you like?

Also thanks for quick response and the great detail! Since i have a Duramax i might go with the yellow tops because i dont think the reds are enough.
__________________
-Hank


Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
It just proves there are rednecks everywhere, not just Georgia.
Reply With Quote
  #2762  
Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
mind telling me what your breaker switch method is? is there one in particular that you like?

Also thanks for quick response and the great detail! Since i have a Duramax i might go with the yellow tops because i dont think the reds are enough.
Go yellows thats what I will be doing but it you have a dmax everything should be setup for duals already just replace the batterys.
The breaker switch is this neat little setup that came with the dump probably for what every they had on the chassis. Not sure where you get it if it didn;t have that I would have just used a big maxi fuse there just like the one I used on the wire going into the cab feeding my soderless fuse panel in there.
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #2763  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 PM
deerewashed's Avatar
deerewashed deerewashed is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wilton ct
Posts: 879
I also have a gasser i am looking into getting duals for thats why i asked. But thanks for all the info, it was a HUGE help.
__________________
-Hank


Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
It just proves there are rednecks everywhere, not just Georgia.
Reply With Quote
  #2764  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:47 AM
metro36's Avatar
metro36 metro36 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
No they came black plastic and no I didn't have the turn signal but mine for the dmax are power and heated.
Ok thanks. It looks like all of the ones they offer for 2011 models have the built it signals. I need power heated mirrors without the signals. I will have to order ones for a different model. I am pretty sure that the mounts are all the same, I am just not sure about the wiring. I will ask the company before i order.
__________________
More equipment then I know what to do with.
Reply With Quote
  #2765  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Ok thanks. It looks like all of the ones they offer for 2011 models have the built it signals. I need power heated mirrors without the signals. I will have to order ones for a different model. I am pretty sure that the mounts are all the same, I am just not sure about the wiring. I will ask the company before i order.
Ok not too sure on the differences I know the nbs 07.5-10 or up is different than early because I did them on my 03 and 08.
The obs 03 was so much easier 3 bolts done in 2 minutes the 08 took me alot long its harder to get the bolts in and out and the wire is ran all the way down the door to below the window and lock buttons so I had to take a part half the door panel on both sides but it was well worth it those little mirrors look so ugly I don;t know why they even put the on these big trucks
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #2766  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
metro36's Avatar
metro36 metro36 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
Ok not too sure on the differences I know the nbs 07.5-10 or up is different than early because I did them on my 03 and 08.
The obs 03 was so much easier 3 bolts done in 2 minutes the 08 took me alot long its harder to get the bolts in and out and the wire is ran all the way down the door to below the window and lock buttons so I had to take a part half the door panel on both sides but it was well worth it those little mirrors look so ugly I don;t know why they even put the on these big trucks
Yeah I dont know why they even offer them either. They are ok for the 1500 but too small for anything bigger. I tried to find one with tow mirrors when I bought mine but all of the SLE models the dealer could find had the small ones.

Thanks for the help. I am going to look into it a bit more and figure out which ones will work. Definitely gonna upgrade them though.
__________________
More equipment then I know what to do with.
Reply With Quote
  #2767  
Old 03-04-2012, 07:04 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Yeah I dont know why they even offer them either. They are ok for the 1500 but too small for anything bigger. I tried to find one with tow mirrors when I bought mine but all of the SLE models the dealer could find had the small ones.

Thanks for the help. I am going to look into it a bit more and figure out which ones will work. Definitely gonna upgrade them though.
Yeah I always change them I look for them when buying a new truck but its not a big factor as I can change them easily I am more particular on color and the condition of the truck mechanically and physically.
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #2768  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:09 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
Added an underbody tool box and rollup tarp to the dump

Name:  IMG_20120303_161407.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20120303_161418.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  40.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20120305_173242.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20120304_125755.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20120304_125743.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  59.1 KB
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #2769  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 PM
LawnMan19's Avatar
LawnMan19 LawnMan19 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Where I need to be
Posts: 3,235
Truck just keeps looking better.
__________________
'' hard workers never slack and slackers never work hard.''
Reply With Quote
  #2770  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Truck just keeps looking better.
I know! I got some sideboards and a little more lettering that I will post pictures of once I get all that on here soon!
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.10949 seconds with 8 queries