Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks awesome brad. Congrats!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Brad-
We are leasing a shop very similar to yours. We put a lot of work into it. We don't have a fence that encloses the building so I have slides with padlocks on all the garage doors. I looked into a security system but after I got to thinking- I would be paying a monthly fee for some company to call the cops if an alarm is tripped and I would have to pay $$ for any false alarms. I paid like $700 for a security system and cameras with DVR that can be streamed to my cell. When an alarm is tripped the security system calls my cell phone and I just turn the cameras on. Should I ever see someone in my shop I'll call the cops

Handle up to 16 cameras
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2014, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
so much potential Brad! With some work it could be a great place to run work and play from. even got enough space to live in the office! haha. Gonna make working on the DMAX 10x nicer. whatcha think about a two post lift in the future??? hahaha
Thanks yes much potential for sure. and There was a lift in this shop I am not sure if it is something I will invest in or not I dont do a whole ton of work and it would have to be a heavy duty one to support my trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Congrats! Brad first thing I would do is get a fence up!
yeah I want to get the building secure first then possibly fencing
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorum03 View Post
my first thought too. But very cool, congrats
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Looks awesome brad. Congrats!
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Brad-
We are leasing a shop very similar to yours. We put a lot of work into it. We don't have a fence that encloses the building so I have slides with padlocks on all the garage doors. I looked into a security system but after I got to thinking- I would be paying a monthly fee for some company to call the cops if an alarm is tripped and I would have to pay $$ for any false alarms. I paid like $700 for a security system and cameras with DVR that can be streamed to my cell. When an alarm is tripped the security system calls my cell phone and I just turn the cameras on. Should I ever see someone in my shop I'll call the cops

Handle up to 16 cameras
Posted via Mobile Device
This is something very similar I am probably going to do. I have been putting alot of thought into this and what you did is what I am leaning towards for now. Did you install the system yourself or have a professional? Also do you need some type of cable/internet hookup for the system?
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 01-17-2014, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The setup I went with requires internet for the cameras and a phone line for the alarm system. The alarm system and camera system I purchased separately on amazon. The alarm system is nothing more than magnet strips and motion detectors but it does the job. It plugs into the wall but has a battery backup if power is cut. You can install several phone numbers for it to call. The camera quality is good enough for me to see what's going on in the shop.

I installed everything myself. The alarm system was extremely easy as llong as you follow directions. I installed the cameras but did have some help frem my tech friends on setting up the dvr and cameras so I could watch them from the phone

When we moved into the shop last spring, security was my #1. I didn't put anything into the shop until I had my security systems. I also ordered like 8 pad locks all keyed alike for the garage doors etc.

We keep the trailers outside but chained together and locked to a fence. This year I'd like to drill 3" wide holes about 3' deep in the ground and fill with cement and put and eye bolt in the top and just lock the trailers up that way.

Good luck man
Old 01-17-2014, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Not sure if this was answered already, I just started skimming this thread but how did you go about mounting the wheelbarrows to your dump truck?

Your work looks great and I dig your equipment, especially the Chevy's!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
The setup I went with requires internet for the cameras and a phone line for the alarm system. The alarm system and camera system I purchased separately on amazon. The alarm system is nothing more than magnet strips and motion detectors but it does the job. It plugs into the wall but has a battery backup if power is cut. You can install several phone numbers for it to call. The camera quality is good enough for me to see what's going on in the shop.

I installed everything myself. The alarm system was extremely easy as llong as you follow directions. I installed the cameras but did have some help frem my tech friends on setting up the dvr and cameras so I could watch them from the phone

When we moved into the shop last spring, security was my #1. I didn't put anything into the shop until I had my security systems. I also ordered like 8 pad locks all keyed alike for the garage doors etc.

We keep the trailers outside but chained together and locked to a fence. This year I'd like to drill 3" wide holes about 3' deep in the ground and fill with cement and put and eye bolt in the top and just lock the trailers up that way.

Good luck man
Ok thanks for your help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BckYrdLmbrJk View Post
Not sure if this was answered already, I just started skimming this thread but how did you go about mounting the wheelbarrows to your dump truck?

Your work looks great and I dig your equipment, especially the Chevy's!
Thank you and when I got the dump body installed I made sure it had at least a 3/4 cab overhang. with my tarp system I can only put 2 wheel barrows sideways I just lay them up there and strap them down, only downfall is the handles hang over a bit on one side.
If you dont have a tarp or get a dump body with full cab overhang then 3 wheel barrows can be placed side by side which is what a few local guys do here but they special ordered full cab protector dump bodies.
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
Youtube Channel:
Old 02-10-2014, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Brad I just want to let you know you are my idle!

Good luck with the new shop bro.

Quick question how far is Leetsdale from you?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac32 View Post
Brad I just want to let you know you are my idle!

Good luck with the new shop bro.

Quick question how far is Leetsdale from you?
Thanks its coming along we been pounding away at the inside work anytime its not snowing we are there working. I have been taking pictures and will post some soon.
Probably 30 minutes or so
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
Youtube Channel:
Old 02-20-2014, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey cool thread nice too see how your company grew love that dump truck and 2500 Chevy. Good luck this season!

How did you design/paint the lettering on the boards? The pics are on like page 250-260 I think
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Ha I lied its actually page 279 lol I had a similar idea for my dump truck but im worried that it wont come out that perfect
Posted via Mobile Device