Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

replacing fh680v kawasaki engine

my exmark lazer z 52" with 23hp kawasaki has died. the bushing on the top of the motor is bad and it leaks oil badly. i want to fix this. mechanic says clutch caused it???????? the motor model id fh680v BS10. problem is that i can't find anything to match that number. what size is the shaft so i can order a replacement. thanks

http://www.mowjoelandscaping.com

Design, Build, Maintain
Old 08-15-2008, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Just a suggestion....I just replaced my KAW FB460V 12.5HP engine with a Kohler Command 15HP engine. I went to TEW.com (Tulsa Engine Warehouse) and they helped me find all the specs and the replacement since KAW doesn't make that engine any longer. You might try those guys. The other thing was if you have a commercial address to ship the engine to, the shipping is free!!! Good luck!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

MowJoe,

Sorry to inform you but, Kawi does not offer a replacement crank bushing for your engine. They don't even have a replacement bare block for your spec number.

You can find your engine on Kawi's site by leaving the "B" off the revision number (only use S10) then add the B back on once you are on the parts look-up pages.

Good Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I am having the same problem with my John deere quick trac that has the same 23hp Kawasaki engine. The top bushing is also bad and kept blowing out the oil seal. I broke the engine down and now i can see that the top bushing is in fact bad as well as the crank shaft being scared up pretty bad. I called kawasaki and asked them about the issue and they are of course non helpfull in this matter. They told me that the engines that we bad are the engines that start with the letter A in the serial number. Mine was not one of them so apperently my engine has the new "super bushing" in it that still goes bad due to lack of oil. I have looked and looked for anyone that has found what company makes this bushing because it does come out of the block and is not casted in. I found one post on here and i cant find it again that had a guy that bought a sump pan replacement and just took out the bushings from it to use as the top bushing. He posted the numbers that were on the bushing. The numbers he posted doesnt match up to the one in mine perfect but is close. He posted PAP 40 20 P10 which is a INA bushing. The problem is the one i took out of mine measures 40 25 so its 5mm off from that part number so i contacted INA and ordered the pap 40 20 p10 and also order pap 40 30 p10 so if the 40 20 is correct ill use it if not i will cut the 40 30 down 5mm. I am trying to give everyone this info because its crazy to replace the engine for this single bushing problem. If anyone has any other information please let me know my email is cubcadet621@yahoo.com thanks and sorry for the book lol