Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2000, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything or has had any experience with the Bob-Cat ZT 100 mower. It is similiar to Walker and Toro ZTR mowers. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth my money to buy one. Your help is greatly appreciated.<p>
Old 01-11-2000, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've demoed the ZT-2oo which had the 61&quot; deck and 25 hp Kohler command. I've had ransomes mowers in the past, and this one seems to be a very well built unit. I, however, prefer an outfront to a midmount. Strictly my preference, no reflection on bobcat or any of the others, Thanks, Lynn Gorrell
Old 01-11-2000, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

NewellMowingCo,<p>Are you doing that much bagging? I've demoed them as well, but wouldn't justify the extra expense unless I did nothing but collect clippings. For side discharge applications, you can get more for your money.
Old 01-11-2000, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've demoed both the ZT-100 and the ZT-200. Had each for an entire day. Also had a Walker out for a whole day. The Walker is far superior to the ZT-100. It was more manueverable and far less likely to scalp. It was much easier to tear up the turf with the tires on the ZT as compared to the Walker. All that being said, we've got 4 Ransome walk-behind gear-drives and love 'em.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>
Old 01-11-2000, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have not demoed the ZT-100, but noticed the airfilter system is nothing near that of the walker.
Old 01-11-2000, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I used to be a big fan of Bob-Cat. I had a 54&quot; walk behind that was a great mower. They had a mower in the early 90's called a TwinTrac, kind of an early mid mount when there was not much else out there. I had every intention of buying a ZT200 but the longer I waited the more mowers came out. <p>Just before I went to buy my ZTMax, I went and looked at the Bob-Cat again. The warranty just couldn't match the warranty of other mowers. Even the new dealer suggested their warranty could be improved and talked to a rep to see what they could do. He told them that I and several others had showed an interest but had been turned off by the warranty. The rep told him they could possibly add a year to the wheel motors if it meant a sale. I don't think I would want a warranty extension like that, it would be hard to prove if you needed to use it. <p>They are not overly popular in this area, and dealers come and go. The last dealer said they had problems getting warranty work paid for. I also met a guy that had one that was about two years old. He said he loved it, except for the crack in the deck. He had talked to everyone about getting it fixed but it had been brushed aside so far. And that is one of their big things, &quot;No Deck Crack&quot; warranty. He was a little more understanding than I would be. I would have a big problem with a company who would not fix that.<p>I really hope that Textron can get Bob-Cat straightened out.
Old 01-11-2000, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Keith,<p>You bring up some really good points. And you're right.<p>Would you think the board of Textron gives a hoot about the commercial cutter?<p>The &quot;if it means a sale&quot; attitude is too prevelant amoung some mower manufacturers.<p>