Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2012, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I usually do not mix herbicides and fertilizers with the exception of soil active products such as Preemergents, simazine and Image. My postemergent and preemergent applications are applied at 40 PSI measured and regulated at the hand piece. Straight fertilizers, insecticides and fungicides are applied at up to 150 PSI. I am not guessing the pressure at the end of the hose.

I wish I were 5'9" and 150 lbs. All of my life I have had people treat me as if I am some kind of invalid. Even new customers get the idea that I am going to be sending a crew of people to do the work. Then they see me hiking up and down their lawn with the engine driven backpack or lifting 50 lb bags of fertilizers over my head to get them in the skid tank. You are right about people. I have had average to big people tell me that the backpack sprayer is so heavy and they do not know how I do it. Much less keep up all day long.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
No, different gun and extension for the twin nozzles, but same regulator. I once tried running 3 nozzles from a manual backpack. The only nozzles that would work were too fine and diffused to be practical for lawns. I had to use only 2 at a time. Even then, I would have to pump furiously trying to maintain pressure. This is why I appreciate the engine driven backpacks so much. They will maintain enough pressure to apply 1 gallon per 1000. Those AI nozzles that I like to use were designed to operate at pressures above what a manual sprayer can produce. Another point is how easy it is to just walk when there is no need to pump. Mind you that the machines typically hold up to 7 gallons. But I am really small and have no problems handling the weight.
What kind of pressure regulator are you using? Would a teejet #23120 work? It is somewhat difficult running down the parts since I do not have a store to work with. I must do everything through the internet and the places do not necessarily have knowledgeable people. I have seen where you buy things from Rittenhouse, any other suppliers you would suggest?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The regulator I use now is a Watts 263 regulator. That teejet regulator would work only if you had a bypass line going all the way back to the tank unrestricted and if the incoming pressure did not exceed 150 PSI. You know, I had to order every single tool or device I need online and then build things myself. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...sure+regulator I got this from an odd place after doing an online search. http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/Pr...Regulators.htm So far it has held up extremely well for being used every day, all day. Get the one with the stainless steel screws and liquid filled gauge.

Rittenhouse and Dultmeier have been very good to me for supplying most of the sprayer hardware. An order placed at Rittenhouse put all of the pieces I needed to put together a skid sprayer on my door in about 5 days.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have bought the teejet dry boom nozzles bodies and AI tips. One thing I notice is when you turn the nozzle caps all the way down, the tips are not exactly parallel to the boom. You can turn them back a little and line them up but I would have thought they would have made them to line up automatically. Not a big problem just wondering.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

They are supposed to not line up. Otherwise, the fan patterns would spray into each other at their point of overlap, causing distortion of the pattern.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ever thought about putting wheels on your walking boom green?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Ever thought about putting wheels on your walking boom green?
Posted via Mobile Device
cga

I ask the same type of question above and was told they didn't need wheels or height control. Everyone has their own ideals on what is the best application equipment or method. I don't want to knock this one. But it sure doesn't impress me as something I want to try and I am a equipment freak.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I have. However, the boom is for precision application to areas that are not easily accessed by things on wheels. I am also most frequently running this boom from the engine drive backpacks because of the lack of access.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Yes I have. However, the boom is for precision application to areas that are not easily accessed by things on wheels. I am also most frequently running this boom from the engine drive backpacks because of the lack of access.
I was just thinking two front wheels from a mower...on the lawns pictured you could use skate wheels!
Posted via Mobile Device