Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2002, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

coupons

Feder Bros lawn care is running a coupon that is geting sent out to 40,000 homes to get new bus two coupons one Free Spring Aeration with mowing or fertilizer season service agreement.

the other coupon is free 6th application of fertilizer or free 5th mowing with season service agreement.

it is only going to zip codes i want
how much work do the pros on lawnsite think i well get
let me know
thanks
Old 01-25-2002, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Little to none. Maybe a few price shoppers. Most people are inundated with phone calls to buy lawncare, so they usually won't go out of their way to call you (my experience).
Old 01-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Banned

I have read on LS and other sources that a 1% response is average for this type of advertising.
I put out close to 700 fliers last spring and received 10 calls and did work for for 8 of them, with 6 becoming regular customers.

Keep us posted on your numbers. This wil help others in the future. Good luck.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Re: coupons

Quote:
Originally posted by JIM FEDER
Feder Bros lawn care is running a coupon that is geting sent out to 40,000 homes to get new bus two coupons one Free Spring Aeration with mowing or fertilizer season service agreement.

the other coupon is free 6th application of fertilizer or free 5th mowing with season service agreement.

it is only going to zip codes i want
how much work do the pros on lawnsite think i well get
let me know
thanks
I put a coupon in Val Pak ( a mailer with multiple coupons)for $30 off second month with a season long service agreement. It went to 10,000 homes last week in a specified region. I have gotten 4 calls so far, 2 sound promising (am going to bid one tomorrow, sounds like possibility of a $1200 to @1500 account), the other 2 were people wanting to sell me more advertising.

The ad was maybe too early, but we'll see. I'm also repeating it again in February.

I would think with 40,000 you would get 100 to 200 calls, (1/2% maximum). Anything better would be great.

How did you send them?
What did it cost?

The Val Pak, being in a group of coupons, I would assume that a good number of them are thrown away by the homeowner unopened.

Good luck., let us know how you do, responses and jobs.
Old 01-26-2002, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am doing similar to yours and will post the responces when done.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Coupons

I used something similar to valpack here in Dallas. I am a 23 male and work out of the back of my car. All commercial equipment. I payed $300 for 10,000 fliers 85% homes. I recieved 14 calls and signed 10 customers. I figure that I got my money's worth. I also put out fliers myself that I made up. I found that for every 100 fliers I only had one call. Not really a good turn around. But 1,000 fliers at 3 cents a copy is not bad.

The best way to advertise I found was to buy some posterborad. Then buy 2 dalrods. Make a sign stick it in the ground at a major intersection. I had more calls that way. It is also much cheaper. The sign was sometimes all wet and runny and I still got calls. Posterboard is only about 44 cents a wal-mart and the dalroads about the same. Can't beat that.

Jason
Old 02-07-2002, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have received 2 calls from my first mailing of 10,000 coupons in Valpak. Fortunately, both will probably lead to work ( approximately 2000 to 2400 in annual billing).

The next one is supposed to go out next week, hopefully that will result in more calls since we are getting closer to the season starting.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Re: Coupons

Quote:
Originally posted by outrunjason
I payed $300 for 10,000 fliers 85% homes. I recieved 14 calls and signed 10 customers. I figure that I got my money's worth. I also put out fliers myself that I made up. I found that for every 100 fliers I only had one call. Not really a good turn around.
That is an average turnaround for fliers that you put out yourself. 1.0% is the norm (which you accomplished).

Now only 14 calls for 10,000 fliers is not good at all. That is only 0.14%
Old 02-07-2002, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Coupons

10 customers signed from 10,000 fliers is not much but at $20 a customer it is. 10 customers x $20 each a week is $200 a week and $800 a month. Then if you figure that up for the rest of the summer the ad payed for it self. But Yes I would agree that it was not the best. I am going to put out 5,000 fliers by myself this year.

Jason
Old 02-07-2002, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was refering to response rate only. Just the marketing part of it not revenue wise.