Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2008, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Irritrol Dial 36 - FUSE BLINK

anyone familar with Irritrol Dial 36 (unknown if its a 36b, just remember it saying 36 before I left).

Irritrol dial 36

I'm getting blinking fuse light but I'm not quite sure where the fuse is located. This is indoor version.

The Property Manager wanted to have a go at it before I did so I just left but I noticed he pulled the whole board out when I came back to collect my remote. I did a quick glance and didn't see any fuses though.

Maybe they are on the back of the board between the board and back of box?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ive only seen that clock twice and neither had a fuse issue. I would guess back of board as you did.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I believe you just push the time button while reprogramming to reset. Someone will know I'm sure. I've rarely seen that one.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It has been a number of years since I've seen one of those, but memory says that "fuse" means a bad circuit w/ irritrol. The link you posted will have instructions, follow it to reset and see if it "goes away". If it comes back, you have a bad zone/wire/solenoid.
....but still a bargain compared to anything else.
And I NEVER say I told you so out loud.
How many Hats can you wear?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicmudpuppy View Post
It has been a number of years since I've seen one of those, but memory says that "fuse" means a bad circuit w/ irritrol. The link you posted will have instructions, follow it to reset and see if it "goes away". If it comes back, you have a bad zone/wire/solenoid.
I couldn't find any manuals for this controller on their site except for newer version which apparently has a *clear* button. After returning to the site and giving the whole thing *my lookover* it has no fuses on board anywhere so its a fault that has to be reset some other way.

I called Irritrol and they said to hold down advance *up/down* buttons and it should reset by that. I tried that, but it didn't work. Now that I think about it I believe one of the advance buttons didn't work correctly on the box so it is probably that from allowing it to reset.

I let it sit over night unplugged and battery off and same error *FUSE* no station numbers showed up.

So I'm calling it...

12:43pm 08/21/2008. Irritrol Dial 36 RIP.

I'm going to try and get them to pay for a replace with a Hunter ICC.

So just curious what do you guys think a *reasonable* install time is for a 31 station outdoor controller indoors would be?

heres the pic of where I get to work with

My experience is about 3-4 hours meaning hooking up all the wires the SAME as before (system is mapped so I don't want to mess that up), hooking up pigtail same time other wiring is done, testing for any surge/ground/solenoid problems, test running all the stations walking the property, programming the box...ect.

At least with the Hunter ICC I can take the modules out and plug the wires in and then snap it onto the board (if they are long enough). NOW if I can plug the wires into the modules before removing the Dial 36 and slip it into that hole in the bottom and NOT have to spend time to mark all the stations...it might get done in about 2 hrs.

thoughts?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The manual I have is for an earlier version. It had a red reset button on the left, just like the MC series of it's era.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
The manual I have is for an earlier version. It had a red reset button on the left, just like the MC series of it's era.

the button outside the box on the panel? couldn't find one here.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhess View Post
NOW if I can plug the wires into the modules before removing the Dial 36 and slip it into that hole in the bottom and NOT have to spend time to mark all the stations...it might get done in about 2 hrs.

thoughts?
Haven't seen one of those in years - last one I replaced took a lightning hit that blew the door and face panel off and into a lake about 100 ft. away - and fused the remaing part of the enclosure to the metal building it was mounted on. Won't go into the 100's of feet of 3" main that we had to replace or the 1000's of feet of control wire or the # of solenoids.

Anyway - I just installed 2 ICC's, with mods, and I don't think the mods will fit thru the 1" access hole in the 36. Oh yeah - ICC has a 32-zone limit.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Metal-case ICC has a 48-zone capacity.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
The Metal-case ICC has a 48-zone capacity.
this ones luckily 29 stations.

just how old is this control box? you guys are acting like this is ancient.