Gravely ™ 13 22.81%
Scag™ 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2002, 03:59 AM
Millenium Member

Re: Fast mowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary LA
I have to replace my engines frequently anyway I consider them to be a 2yr max life and then bury it in the back fourty!
Are you serious? My Great Danes are 3 years old and run like new, according to your profile you mow 40 lawns a week and go thru a motor every two years? Time to update your maintenence program....
Old 01-29-2002, 04:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey I'm happy you do so well with your engines.
You probably have but a hand full of lawns anyway.
40 lawns, but they aren't all little ones or I wouldn't need mowers that can cut at 9mph(a couple running continuosly).
They are 52" decks at that.

I have been in business for 10yrs. I've had plent of time to accumulate some area.

I imagine since you use the x that you just buy new mowers every year because thats about all there good for-one year.You can give me your mower and I'll sell it for fifty bucks or so ,that is if someone up here will pay that.

Take a look in the paper, sure is alot of them x-mark things for sale at the end of each year.

The pics I seen was nothing but fresh paint.

Last edited by Gary LA; 01-29-2002 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You make some really dumb assumptions. You see many mowers for sale because many people buy and then find out its hot hard work, so they sell. More eXmark mowers out there because they sell more than any others. Only stands to reason they would have the most being sold used also.

40 lawns per week?? hahahahahahaaaaahaaaa What a joke! If you going thru motors on only 40 per week, you need to learn to change oil, clean and change air filters, and sharpen blades.

I bought both of my exmarks in 2000, and they operate just like the day I got them. I don't do this part time either. I do this year round as my LIFE!

By the way, what is this great brand you use that gives you so much great service that you wear it out after 2 seasons?
Old 01-29-2002, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Member

65hoss

I use ferris equipment
they are still around-its the engines that arent.

In my opinion you guys are like little kids your abit too literal.

I can sell a 2yr old engine for $400 not spend a dime on maintenance and have a new engine every other year.

I used to maintain them much more extensively but I like to drink and smoke when I get home,not sit on my hands and knees servicing my mowers.

I don't have to do anything but mow and push snow otherwise I wouldn't have the time to sit here on my ars and banter back and forth with you people in some kind of pissing match.

I guess you could say I'm a lifer too.

I also drive around all day mowing grass watching other co.s at work-- non of them are using your allmighty x machines,the occassional rider for those who are afraid to walk.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy...this guy really knows how to make friends, eh?

Sounds like some other which have come and gone in the past. Must be nice to be a pro.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Make friends?

I've been around long enough to know when someone else hasn't.

I'm not here to make friends I don't really need pin pals,I got plenty of family to keep me busy in that area.

All I wanted was a little input myself-- instead I get a bunch of harrasment from a couple of yahoos who think they are the allmighty pro mower gods!

people point fingers at fools when the should first look to themelves.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Re: Make friends?

Quote:
people point fingers at fools when the should first look to themelves.
He's starting to realize he is a fool.

Sell your used engine off your Ferris DD 52" to others?

I read the 40 accounts per a week in your profile. Do you realize that you are blowing smoke up our azzes.

Quote:
I've been around long enough to know when someone else hasn't.
I've been pretty quick to point out bogus info, so I guess we are getting pretty good at getting the BS straitend out.

Quote:
I like to drink and smoke
An alcaholic and a drug addict, thanks for telling us that. Now we know were these delusions are coming from.

Quote:
I seen your pics It looks like your equipment has never left the trailer.
Oh they rarily ever just sit on the trailer. I take care of my stuff.

BTW look at this link. http://www.kawpowr.com/fc540v_specs.html

FC540V is a single cylinder 18horse. 17HP!!!! haa haa

Quote:
All I wanted was a little input myself-- instead I get a bunch of harrasment from a couple of yahoos who think they are the allmighty pro mower gods!
If you wouldn't have posted bogus info, this wouldn't have happened.

Now why do you keep replacing that 17hp pos engine, why not put the Kaw. 17hp v twin on. That would be a much clearer and better choice engine. Heck you could even put a 23hp on.

Last edited by LAWNGODFATHER; 01-29-2002 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:32 PM
Millenium Member

Re: Make friends?

Quote:
Never saw you ask for input. Mower gods? Seems that is you who thinks you are, seems all are bad except for the ones you buy. You got input (or harassment as you call it) from people who disagree with you, get over it, that's life. Have you ever used an Exmark or Great Dane?

Quote:
I have to replace my engines frequently anyway I consider them to be a 2yr max life and then bury it in the back fourty!..................In my opinion you guys are like little kids your abit too literal......not spend a dime on maintenance and have a new engine every other year
You should have said at the begining "I'm too lazy to maintain my equipment so I run them in the ground then buy new motors", would have been much clearer, not bashing others for not knowing how to maintain their equipment. You don't spend a dime on maintenance? But you buy new engines every 2 years for your fleet of how many mowers for the 40 lawns you mow? Oh brother.........Do you maintain your car like that also?

If you need any help from us yahoos getting your lawn photos posted just ask, maybe we can help.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Member

oops

oops

Last edited by Gary LA; 01-29-2002 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Member

rebut

All my stuff is old.
last mower I bought was 2yrs ago
getting a bit personal arent you?
I dont replace anything but weedeaters and eng.
5 mowers
4 weedeaters
4 leaf blowers
3 plow trucks
2 work trucks
i'm sure I spend less a year than you do on maint.
to busy arguing and defending myself to worry about pics,besides they said I cant put pics.